Milner wants out?

sam-caddick said:
LoveCity said:
Both the reliable Simon Mullock and someone at the Mail are saying City will force Milner AND Micah (three right-backs???) to stay and see out their contracts for the homegrown quota. Personally, I'm happy if that's the case with Milner but are we really so desperate we need to keep Micah as a third RB (because there's no way Pellers will play him in the middle)? They also say Rodwell will only be loaned out if we don't need him for the HG quota. All a bit strange really, we've named reduced squads before... unless UEFA's CL squad rules for us really haven't been relaxed as reported.

I can't see Micah staying now because he will never get a game.

I can see Milner being out biggest name to leave to be honest as he is coming to that age when he needs to be playing every week, I reckon he wants a central midfield role as well.

I want to keep Jimmy though, the man is a warrior.

I can see Richards ending up at Arsenal.

LoveCity said:
Both the reliable Simon Mullock and someone at the Mail are saying City will force Milner AND Micah (three right-backs???) to stay and see out their contracts for the homegrown quota. Personally, I'm happy if that's the case with Milner but are we really so desperate we need to keep Micah as a third RB (because there's no way Pellers will play him in the middle)? They also say Rodwell will only be loaned out if we don't need him for the HG quota. All a bit strange really, we've named reduced squads before... unless UEFA's CL squad rules for us really haven't been relaxed as reported.

Micah's wage and subsequent transfer fee must be the price to pay, regardless if he plays or not for being that all important home grown player we are lacking.

Maybe its just a message for Micah and Milner that if they leave it will be on our terms, not theirs.

moomba said:
Maybe its just a message for Micah and Milner that if they leave it will be on our terms, not theirs.

Exactly and any club wanting them better pay a realistic price

I cant see Txiki letting Milner get past this transfer window without some idea on whether he's gonna sign an extension to his contract. He did nothing in pre-season games to suggest he's going to get anymore time on the pitch than he did last year, given we've strengthened in the midfield area he'd probably get less if it wasn't for Yaya heading off to the ACON's.

I do hope he's not just running down the clock, that would be dissapointing from him! I'm sure our management is too smart to let that happen. Lets watch this space but surely there has to be an announcement soon?

Probably only staying to cover the quota.Otherwise,I think,if there was an opportunity we'd be cashing in.
From a purely ability viewpoint,i don't think we'd miss him.

With the sales we've made we could actually get a decent HG replacement and sell Milner although I do not think there is anybody out there with Milner's versatality, work rate and professionalism who would be willing to come for similar amount of time.

bluechampion7891 said:
With the sales we've made we could actually get a decent HG replacement and sell Milner although I do not think there is anybody out there with Milner's versatality, work rate and professionalism who would be willing to come for similar amount of time.

I wonder how far out we'd be to secure Pogba if we sold Milner, Nastasic, Gudetti and Richards? I think we'd be able to scrape £50 mill and no issues with the home grown player.

Don't really want to see Milner go but if he doesn't sign before this window closes I can see him running his contract down and that will upset a lot of fans and we wouldn't need that sort of distraction with a title run-in, we could also do with a replacement for Yaya when he buggers off to the ACON. Just a thought?

FantasyIreland said:
Probably only staying to cover the quota.Otherwise,I think,if there was an opportunity we'd be cashing in.
From a purely ability viewpoint,i don't think we'd miss him.

I agree, although someone will be along shortly to tell you how important he is in big away games

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.