Milner wants out?

City Glory While Others Fade said:
bluechampion7891 said:
With the sales we've made we could actually get a decent HG replacement and sell Milner although I do not think there is anybody out there with Milner's versatality, work rate and professionalism who would be willing to come for similar amount of time.

I wonder how far out we'd be to secure Pogba if we sold Milner, Nastasic, Gudetti and Richards? I think we'd be able to scrape £50 mill and no issues with the home grown player.

Don't really want to see Milner go but if he doesn't sign before this window closes I can see him running his contract down and that will upset a lot of fans and we wouldn't need that sort of distraction with a title run-in, we could also do with a replacement for Yaya when he buggers off to the ACON. Just a thought?

the problem with selling Milner too and hypothetically getting Pogba is that we would only have 3 wide options: silva, nasri, navas for 2 position. Unless you want to count Jovetic, in which case we would have 3 options for 2 striker slots.

bluechampion7891 said:
bluechampion7891 said:
With the sales we've made we could actually get a decent HG replacement and sell Milner although I do not think there is anybody out there with Milner's versatality, work rate and professionalism who would be willing to come for similar amount of time.

I wonder how far out we'd be to secure Pogba if we sold Milner, Nastasic, Gudetti and Richards? I think we'd be able to scrape £50 mill and no issues with the home grown player.

Don't really want to see Milner go but if he doesn't sign before this window closes I can see him running his contract down and that will upset a lot of fans and we wouldn't need that sort of distraction with a title run-in, we could also do with a replacement for Yaya when he buggers off to the ACON. Just a thought?

the problem with selling Milner too and hypothetically getting Pogba is that we would only have 3 wide options: silva, nasri, navas for 2 position. Unless you want to count Jovetic, in which case we would have 3 options for 2 striker slots.

Not really wishing to get rid of Negrado, just thinking if we did how we could improve the squad and make things work with FFP and homegrown rule issues...It's a case on weighing up the pros and cons.

Jovetic can fill in wide if needed as can Kolarov, whose to say Pogba couldn't play wide when needed, he'd also be better as a replacement for Yaya when he's at the ACON's. Negrado won't be available until mid Oct and possibly not match fit till early Nov, there's also talk of him not being available for CL football due to FFP restrictions. Did we ever have 4 fit strikers available last season, apart from Dzeko all the others were injured. We would still have better striking options than Chelsea, also we don't have to play 2 strikers for all games. I suspect Pellers is already looking at playing 1 up front for tough EPL and CL away games and I bet he plays 1 up front at the start next week against liverpool. I just think if Negrado does go, Pogba could be a good signing this season and longer term.

bluechampion7891 said:

Not really wishing to get rid of Negrado, just thinking if we did how we could improve the squad and make things work with FFP and homegrown rule issues...It's a case on weighing up the pros and cons.

Jovetic can fill in wide if needed as can Kolarov, whose to say Pogba couldn't play wide when needed, he'd also be better as a replacement for Yaya when he's at the ACON's. Negrado won't be available until mid Oct and possibly not match fit till early Nov, there's also talk of him not being available for CL football due to FFP restrictions. Did we ever have 4 fit strikers available last season, apart from Dzeko all the others were injured. We would still have better striking options than Chelsea, also we don't have to play 2 strikers for all games. I suspect Pellers is already looking at playing 1 up front for tough EPL and CL away games and I bet he plays 1 up front at the start next week against liverpool. I just think if Negrado does go, Pogba could be a good signing this season and longer term.

Pogba playing wide? Really??

BringBackSwales said:
bluechampion7891 said:

Pogba playing wide? Really??

ehhh No

Jovetic can fill in wide if needed as can Kolarov, whose to say Pogba couldn't play wide when needed, he'd also be better as a replacement for Yaya when he's at the ACON's. Negrado won't be available until mid Oct and possibly not match fit till early Nov, there's also talk of him not being available for CL football due to FFP restrictions. Did we ever have 4 fit strikers available last season, apart from Dzeko all the others were injured. We would still have better striking options than Chelsea, also we don't have to play 2 strikers for all games. I suspect Pellers is already looking at playing 1 up front for tough EPL and CL away games and I bet he plays 1 up front at the start next week against liverpool. I just think if Negrado does go, Pogba could be a good signing this season and longer term.[/quote]

Pogba playing wide? Really??[/quote]

ehhh No[/quote]

There's no time for any of this to happen so it's a bit hypothetical..........Do we just let the season close and allow Milner to run down his contract and leave for free next summer ? £10 - 12 mill minimum wasted ! Anyone we bring in has to be homegrown and threw Pogba out as a possibility. When Yaya leaves for ACON's we'll have bigger a problem in the middle, the wide positions that could be filled in by any number of City's existing players.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.