Milner wants out?

kawkav said:
C.C said:
kawkav said:
he is nowhere close to a $35 mil player, not yet. 35 gets you Aguero, gets you Pogba. he is not in that league, not yet.

You have to factor in the english tax that he will come with.

? can you explain?
He means if segio was valued at 35 mil if he was English it would be say50 mil.english players are always dearer whether they are good ,bad or plain crap.

kawkav said:
Matt the Giant said:
david whites spike said:
Milner Barry Rodwell AND cash for barkley?? Wow this guy must be good?
Martinez will think its Christmas come early.

Well the way I see it, Barkley will fetch a new British transfer record if he goes this window, probably around £35mil. What can we expect to get for Milner? 12-15mil? Barry is worth 2 and Rodwell... around 5mil perhaps. We would need to add cash to that offer for sure.

he is nowhere close to a $35 mil player, not yet. 35 gets you Aguero, gets you Pogba. he is not in that league, not yet.

Your logic is undeniable but watch Barkley go for nearer £40m. Madness I know but Chelsea or the Rags will pay it.

bowieboots said:
david whites spike said:
Matt the Giant said:
Well the way I see it, Barkley will fetch a new British transfer record if he goes this window, probably around £35mil. What can we expect to get for Milner? 12-15mil? Barry is worth 2 and Rodwell... around 5mil perhaps. We would need to add cash to that offer for sure.
I see your point but in the cold light of day Barry goes to arsenal, we keep Rodwell and Milner and Barkley goes elsewhere unless we lose yaya (which we won't).
Barkley then becomes our plan b after fabregas.

Arsenal have fisrt dibs on Fabregas so can't see him coming.

Not convinced on Barkley yet. Great goal against us but I think its a big step up for him to come to us. Would need a huge fee, (If Felini was worth 27 mil, how much would they want for Barkley) could a kid that young handle that pressure. Would prefer him to have a couple more years at Everton.
Remember the last great (?) everton was youngster was Shrek. Did he turn out to be a world beater? Would he get in out first 11? I think not
Arsenal have no such thing, that was a media myth and has since been confirmed as such and besides, first option doesn't force a player to join a club, if Fabregas decided he'd rather join Txiki here than Wenger there it wouldn't make a difference.

nmc said:
kawkav said:
Matt the Giant said:

Your logic is undeniable but watch Barkley go for nearer £40m. Madness I know but Chelsea or the Rags will pay it.

That's the kind of number I think it will take to get him, maybe even above the 40mil mark. A typical united English mega-signing I think, such as the camel and the granny shagger. Have to admit it though, they tend to be good deals in the long run, and I think Barkley at $40mil would be as well.

Keep him.

Played in central midfield he is a top drawer player with an incredible engine.

Will be gutted to see the lad go and for me it would be a mistake to allow it.

blueinsa said:
Keep him.

Played in central midfield he is a top drawer player with an incredible engine.

Will be gutted to see the lad go and for me it would be a mistake to allow it.

I think we all share your opinion bud, but if Milner wants to leave there's not much we can do but to wish him the best of luck in the future.

aguero93:20 said:
Arsenal have no such thing, that was a media myth and has since been confirmed as such and besides, first option doesn't force a player to join a club, if Fabregas decided he'd rather join Txiki here than Wenger there it wouldn't make a difference.

The way I heard it was that Barcelona agreed that if an offer came in for Fabregas that they may consider, then they will inform Arsenal to allow them to counter that offer. The other rumoured clause that Arsenal stipulated was much cleverer and probably reduces there likelihood of re-signing him, that being the clause that stated, if Barcelona sold Fabregas for a profit on what they paid Arsenal, then Arsenal actually get the majority share of the profit once Barca have taken there original outlay from of the equation.

Both the reliable Simon Mullock and someone at the Mail are saying City will force Milner AND Micah (three right-backs???) to stay and see out their contracts for the homegrown quota. Personally, I'm happy if that's the case with Milner but are we really so desperate we need to keep Micah as a third RB (because there's no way Pellers will play him in the middle)? They also say Rodwell will only be loaned out if we don't need him for the HG quota. All a bit strange really, we've named reduced squads before... unless UEFA's CL squad rules for us really haven't been relaxed as reported.

LoveCity said:
Both the reliable Simon Mullock and someone at the Mail are saying City will force Milner AND Micah (three right-backs???) to stay and see out their contracts for the homegrown quota. Personally, I'm happy if that's the case with Milner but are we really so desperate we need to keep Micah as a third RB (because there's no way Pellers will play him in the middle)? They also say Rodwell will only be loaned out if we don't need him for the HG quota. All a bit strange really, we've named reduced squads before... unless UEFA's CL squad rules for us really haven't been relaxed as reported.

I can't see Micah staying now because he will never get a game.

I can see Milner being out biggest name to leave to be honest as he is coming to that age when he needs to be playing every week, I reckon he wants a central midfield role as well.

I want to keep Jimmy though, the man is a warrior.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.