Milner

Andouble said:
Boateng does tend to switch off every once in a while (much like Micah).

One of these days Kolarov is going to hit the target with a shot. It might knock the keeper into the net.
He is so annoying to watch sometimes. It is either he plays so far off and timidly that he gets skinned easily, or he come in rashly and gives up an unnecessary foul. There seems to be no middle ground with him. And he gave nothing offensively :( I tot Micah was poor with his decision making, but at least Micah's size causes opposition a lot of physical pain and problem. Time to give Micah a chance. To be honest, I quite enjoyed his last start when he scored. And tot he had a whale of a game against Arsenal in our first home defeat.

Micah can be frankly unplayable sometimes when his on his game! That said, there is always the safety valve in PabZab if neither can hold down this "clearly begging for a winner position"

Dax777 said:
Good squad player to have. Will take some time to fully adapt to a change in style. However he is a workhorse who never gives up. Barry played the same way for a bit last season, but this season his passing and decision making has stepped up a notch.

Personally I am more worried about Kolarov and Boateng. They were supposed to be the attacking fullbacks needed to complete Mancini's City transformation. Neither is doing too well. Kolarov I have been watching for a while and really never liked his style. But his shooting ability always buys him good press. Boateng on the other hand has been really dissapointing. I am hoping Guiterrez in particular just has his number, as he skinned him repeatedly at CoMS and picked up where he left off today.

Having De Jong back was a blessing. Silva put in an inspired defensive shift. Barry was excellent. Vinnie was inspiring albeit had his hands full. Even City's worst player in my opinion (Lescott) put in a good shift fouling Carroll all day. Good thing most went uncalled. Overall a decent performance with the exception of the Fullbacks. Boateng being poor defensively and Kolarov being poor offensively. Milner had a so so game. Nice assist, great defensive hustle and a few poor decisions here and there. The latter is to be expected, quick thinking is not the most emphasized attribute for English players. Hence why they will mostly struggle at Arsenal, and as of late City where quick decisions on the ball, and exquisite foot-skills are premium requirements. But most English players make up for this with Tenacity, and Milner is no different. Good squad player, a WII bit expensive, but not a Shaite player, just a different kind that will need some time to adjust!

Oh by the way quick decision making on the ball can be learned at any age. And most players do pick it up once the talent around you gets it. Milner will come good, in spite of how frustrating his present playing style is... I still contend we didn't need to get him, but now that we have I expect him to improve his decision making over the next year. He'd be a differen player next season you watch!!!

I understand whay you're getting but in their defence both a fairly young; both have played very little football up to this point; it's a new league; it's practically a new back four (this season) and both are going to need time to settle.

Remember Evra's first 6 to 8 months? Loads of Rag fans were slagging him off saying that he couldn't cope with the pace etc.

I personally still think that we won't become the team we all want for another 18 months or so; by that I mean the team playing in a genuine, cohesive manner, week in week out. That's not to say we can't/won't win anything in that period, just that the good times with regards to a consistant standard of quality football, I believe, are some way ahead of us at the moment (but it is coming).

blueabdi said:
guys stop it man ...roberto mancini knows what he is doing .and the players we bought this year were all nice....u know why he bought milner becos he is athletic and energetic .
he runs well and he deserves blue shirt .guys stop mounting and sport every blue shirt

So you say !!!!!!!!! (lol) I had the same problem only 3 times.

Milner was excellent today and covered for Boateng reapeatedly. I was surprised to see Boateng in the side given the roasting he got from the Argentinian at ours who pretty much did the same again.

Milner assisted Tevez in the 2nd goal and he works tirelessly but always seems to lose the ball near the line. Once he's got the grips, he will be an asset.
Boateng seems a bit clumsy but his shots into the penalty box are very good.
Does anyone knows why Lescott must always cling to the opposing player's back everytime he defends?.

From OS..........

Roberto Mancini praised his side’s character after a 3-1 win at Newcastle kept the Blues in the thick of the title race.

But, even as fans glowed in the aftermath of a sixth away win this season, the Italian warned that City must improve at home if they are to be up at the top come the end of the campaign.

Two goals from Carlos Tevez and one from Gareth Barry were enough to propel the Blues to glory on the banks of the Tyne but it was James Milner who really caught the manager’s eye.

“We were two up in a few minutes but I wouldn’t call Newcastle generous,” said the City chief.

“The game changed with those goals but Newcastle made it very difficult for us. They are a strong side and they look for Andy Carroll a lot. I thought we defended him well.

“It was important for us to work hard and that is what we did. James Milner was fantastic in this game. All the players did well but he stood out. Our concentration under pressure was good too.”

After a first double of the season, Mancini now has eyes on successive home wins over Villa and Blackpool which would make this a holiday season to remember.

“We have to improve at the City of Manchester Stadium,” he declared. “We got the reaction we wanted after the defeat to Everton now we must perform like this again against Aston Villa.

“It was important to re-start with a win after not going top of the table before Christmas. As I said then, the season is long and there is time to recover lost ground.

“We have an incredible four games in ten days and we will make changes against Villa because we must recover in the 38 hours and that is not an easy thing to do.

“All players must be ready to play that is why we have a strong squad.”

Uber Blue said:
I understand whay you're getting but in their defence both a fairly young; both have played very little football up to this point; it's a new league; it's practically a new back four (this season) and both are going to need time to settle.

Remember Evra's first 6 to 8 months? Loads of Rag fans were slagging him off saying that he couldn't cope with the pace etc.

I personally still think that we won't become the team we all want for another 18 months or so; by that I mean the team playing in a genuine, cohesive manner, week in week out. That's not to say we can't/won't win anything in that period, just that the good times with regards to a consistant standard of quality football, I believe, are some way ahead of us at the moment (but it is coming).
Trust me, I haven't lost hope at all. Just commenting on the performance as is. Like I said it seems Guiterrez knows how to bring the worst out of Boateng. But he needs to work a little harder. This was supposed to be an easy position to take away from Micah while he bid his time until Kolo was deemed not good enough so he could move to the middle. As he was actually bought to transition Kolo from starter to backup. But with what I have seen of him this year, I am one of those who really hopes we just go get David Luiz to be the transition prospect at CD. And hope Boateng just improves enough to make it at RB.

Kolarov on the other hand, I just don't like. He reminds me of Taye Taiwo at Marseille. A shoot first ask question later fullback who makes loads of mistakes but glosses over it with goals and amazing shots. I was hoping for a more team oriented LB purchase. Everton's Baines and Rubin Kazan's Ansaldi were my 2 favorites.

Knew Moyes would rather burn down Everton than sell Baines after what happened with Joleon, so I was hoping we got Ansaldi. A fantastic passer of the ball with great movement and lungs for days. Plays kind of like how Sagna plays rightback for Arsenal. Works non stop, and has a sweet touch. For the life of me, I can't understand how he is still at Rubim with teams like, Arsenal, Real Madrid, AC and Juve all needing an outstanding LB. Anyway Taiwo and Kolarov got all the LB transfer hype because they both score amazing goals. So we got Kolarov.

I know he would be better with time, but expect to continue to see 3-4 dumb decisions par game. And a few magical goals that will make you forget those dumb decisions every now and them.

Good thing I have a diary, that is why I never forget :)

Damocles said:
Dax777 said:
Good squad player to have. Will take some time to fully adapt to a change in style. However he is a workhorse who never gives up. Barry played the same way for a bit last season, but this season his passing and decision making has stepped up a notch.

Personally I am more worried about Kolarov and Boateng. They were supposed to be the attacking fullbacks needed to complete Mancini's City transformation. Neither is doing too well. Kolarov I have been watching for a while and really never liked his style. But his shooting ability always buys him good press. Boateng on the other hand has been really dissapointing. I am hoping Guiterrez in particular just has his number, as he skinned him repeatedly at CoMS and picked up where he left off today.

Having De Jong back was a blessing. Silva put in an inspired defensive shift. Barry was excellent. Vinnie was inspiring albeit had his hands full. Even City's worst player in my opinion (Lescott) put in a good shift fouling Carroll all day. Good thing most went uncalled. Overall a decent performance with the exception of the Fullbacks. Boateng being poor defensively and Kolarov being poor offensively. Milner had a so so game. Nice assist, great defensive hustle and a few poor decisions here and there. The latter is to be expected, quick thinking is not the most emphasized attribute for English players. Hence why they will mostly struggle at Arsenal, and as of late City where quick decisions on the ball, and exquisite foot-skills are premium requirements. But most English players make up for this with Tenacity, and Milner is no different. Good squad player, a WII bit expensive, but not a Shaite player, just a different kind that will need some time to adjust!

Oh by the way quick decision making on the ball can be learned at any age. And most players do pick it up once the talent around you gets it. Milner will come good, in spite of how frustrating his present playing style is... I still contend we didn't need to get him, but now that we have I expect him to improve his decision making over the next year. He'd be a differen player next season you watch!!!

He has an intelligent and informed opinion.

BURN HIM!

AngryMob1.png
:D :D :D ***Flashing the 777 Smile***

Boateng tends to stand off a little too much then dive in at the wrong point... that will come with experience.

Kolarov, whilst occasionally playing the cross a little too early, has barely put a foot wrong defensively and i'm very impressed by him, he's got everything to become one of the best in his position.

In short, i've a lot of hope for both of them.

GStar said:
Boateng tends to stand off a little too much then dive in at the wrong point... that will come with experience.

Kolarov, whilst occasionally playing the cross a little too early, has barely put a foot wrong defensively and i'm very impressed by him, he's got everything to become one of the best in his position.

In short, i've a lot of hope for both of them.
Hope you are right. Must agree on the defensive solidity of Kolarov, but it was his offense that was supposed to have me and I believe Mancini in a tizzy :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.