Milner

Please read when people post their knee-jerk reactions before quoting them after a bump!

banbury_blue said:
I watched today on a stream and thought Milner was excellent throughout. Aside from his debut against the dippers I personally thought this was his best game

So did i .....

i'm not his biggest fan , but he put in an excellent shift today and worked his socks off.

And his cross to Tevez for our second goal was class.

black mamba said:
banbury_blue said:
I watched today on a stream and thought Milner was excellent throughout. Aside from his debut against the dippers I personally thought this was his best game

So did i .....

i'm not his biggest fan , but he put in an excellent shift today and worked his socks off.

I'd like to think he'll play better than he did today but I was happy with Milner's performance. There were strong signs of improvement if nothing else.

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't disappointed with the start he's made for us but I've got faith in him and often find myself defiantly defending him to other Blues. It really irritates me that we always seem to have to have a scapegoat and he is it this season.

Meanwhile, the Middlesbrough Messiah Adam Johnson has put in more of his fair share of sub-par performances yet everyone seems to think the sun shines out of his arse. He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy.

Blue Dan said:
black mamba said:
So did i .....

I'd like to think he'll play better than he did today but I was happy with Milner's performance. There were strong signs of improvement if nothing else.

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't disappointed with the start he's made for us but I've got faith in him and often find myself defiantly defending him to other Blues. It really irritates me that we always seem to have to have a scapegoat and he is it this season.

Meanwhile, the Middlesbrough Messiah Adam Johnson has put in more of his fair share of sub-par performances yet everyone seems to think the sun shines out of his arse. He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy.

Watch third goal pal, pass to Tevez was from AJ who showed great control and vision and great weight on the pass. He is a better player than Milner will ever be end of. Ballotelli also may be a total wanker but his first touch is quality, if we can get him to play he will be the man. But because he doesnt run a lot and boot it clear a couple of times ala Milner im sure he wont be rated by many on here.

Dax777 said:
Good squad player to have. Will take some time to fully adapt to a change in style. However he is a workhorse who never gives up. Barry played the same way for a bit last season, but this season his passing and decision making has stepped up a notch.

Personally I am more worried about Kolarov and Boateng. They were supposed to be the attacking fullbacks needed to complete Mancini's City transformation. Neither is doing too well. Kolarov I have been watching for a while and really never liked his style. But his shooting ability always buys him good press. Boateng on the other hand has been really dissapointing. I am hoping Guiterrez in particular just has his number, as he skinned him repeatedly at CoMS and picked up where he left off today.

Having De Jong back was a blessing. Silva put in an inspired defensive shift. Barry was excellent. Vinnie was inspiring albeit had his hands full. Even City's worst player in my opinion (Lescott) put in a good shift fouling Carroll all day. Good thing most went uncalled. Overall a decent performance with the exception of the Fullbacks. Boateng being poor defensively and Kolarov being poor offensively. Milner had a so so game. Nice assist, great defensive hustle and a few poor decisions here and there. The latter is to be expected, quick thinking is not the most emphasized attribute for English players. Hence why they will mostly struggle at Arsenal, and as of late City where quick decisions on the ball, and exquisite foot-skills are premium requirements. But most English players make up for this with Tenacity, and Milner is no different. Good squad player, a WII bit expensive, but not a Shaite player, just a different kind that will need some time to adjust!

Oh by the way quick decision making on the ball can be learned at any age. And most players do pick it up once the talent around you gets it. Milner will come good, in spite of how frustrating his present playing style is... I still contend we didn't need to get him, but now that we have I expect him to improve his decision making over the next year. He'd be a differen player next season you watch!!!

I think that's a cracking post fella. I agree with the majority of it, you can see Milner's potential he just seems abit short on confidence. I think when he finds a regular set role in the side we'll see him get better and better. That pass for Tevez was absolute class, first time ball perfectly placed.

I do however disagree with your opinion of Kolarov, I think he's outstanding, love the look of him. You won't find many players like that but you can already see the potential, head down, bomb on, try and get the ball into the box but first and foremost the guy can defend! Sure he had a lapse against Everton but who doesn't? I'm going to stick my neck out and say I think he'll become one of the best left backs in the world if not THE best. A Serbian Roberto Carlos :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.