Milner

He was ok. Not sure what the hyperbole is all about.

Well, I am. Certain types of fans are desperate to see something that isn't there at times. The same phenomenon that led to Negoaui and Samaras being labelled looking class after their first few games and people claiming that Balotelli had set the world on fire before Christmas. A bit of perspective goes a long way. Milner did nothing wrong today. I doubt any neutrals would have thought he did anything exceptional though

Brilliant today when he came on. Couldn't believe what I was seeing. If he carries on like that then Barry stands no chance.

I have been far from a Milner fan since he joined in summer but I too thought he had fantastic 2nd half. Hardly wasted a pass, tackling good and bossed midfield. Although for me MOM was Lescott.

blue ranger said:
I have been far from a Milner fan since he joined in summer but I too thought he had fantastic 2nd half. Hardly wasted a pass, tackling good and bossed midfield. Although for me MOM was Lescott.

Haha, I love opinions.

I thought Lescott was the man who kicked off the entire first half near-collapse, first he got the offside trap wrong in every way possible and let the man through one on one with the goalkeeper, in an almost surreal amount of space. Then he made such a balls up of the cross for the goal... first he missed it, then hanballed it, then was going completely the wrong direction. And for godssakes if you are going to use your hand don't pass to the striker. It reminded me of what happened against Wolves, a couple of his fuck ups and a cruise becomes a nail-biter. This time though, he wasn't the only one, and he did turn it around completely in the second half, which is very good to see.

gio's side step said:
He did okay. Some of you lot need to calm down. He wasnt exceptional. He did okay. Probably a bit better than normal. It's silly to suggest he's a replacement for Barry. He isnt. He's a box to box 'drive' type of midfield player, not a composed player in posession. As a result, he's going to find it virtually impossible to get a place in the side so long as Mancini employs the control the game tactic. If Barry were to be dropped, and Yaya play deeper, i.e. Sunderland, then Milner would be an option to replace Yaya as the box to box midfield player. That however, is when we play more of a 'get it out wide quickly' type of tempo, and not play the controlled posession game in midfield (which Barry is critically important for).
Same way I see him.

sweep said:
gio's side step said:
He did okay. Some of you lot need to calm down. He wasnt exceptional. He did okay. Probably a bit better than normal. It's silly to suggest he's a replacement for Barry. He isnt. He's a box to box 'drive' type of midfield player, not a composed player in posession. As a result, he's going to find it virtually impossible to get a place in the side so long as Mancini employs the control the game tactic. If Barry were to be dropped, and Yaya play deeper, i.e. Sunderland, then Milner would be an option to replace Yaya as the box to box midfield player. That however, is when we play more of a 'get it out wide quickly' type of tempo, and not play the controlled posession game in midfield (which Barry is critically important for).

You my friend have said which many coulndt see!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.