Milner

Would like to see Milner play in the two with de Jong, that would be a tough but energetic two to get through. He is also one of a few players who can really drive a team when it is needed.

Always said it, have done for ages.

centre midfield and he'll show what a class player he really is.

for me he should start every game over Barry.

----------De Jong

------Milner---Y.Toure

gio's side step said:
He did okay. Some of you lot need to calm down. He wasnt exceptional. He did okay. Probably a bit better than normal. It's silly to suggest he's a replacement for Barry. He isnt. He's a box to box 'drive' type of midfield player, not a composed player in posession. As a result, he's going to find it virtually impossible to get a place in the side so long as Mancini employs the control the game tactic. If Barry were to be dropped, and Yaya play deeper, i.e. Sunderland, then Milner would be an option to replace Yaya as the box to box midfield player. That however, is when we play more of a 'get it out wide quickly' type of tempo, and not play the controlled posession game in midfield (which Barry is critically important for).

Spot on.

Kinky Dribbler said:
gio's side step said:
He did okay. Some of you lot need to calm down. He wasnt exceptional. He did okay. Probably a bit better than normal. It's silly to suggest he's a replacement for Barry. He isnt. He's a box to box 'drive' type of midfield player, not a composed player in posession. As a result, he's going to find it virtually impossible to get a place in the side so long as Mancini employs the control the game tactic. If Barry were to be dropped, and Yaya play deeper, i.e. Sunderland, then Milner would be an option to replace Yaya as the box to box midfield player. That however, is when we play more of a 'get it out wide quickly' type of tempo, and not play the controlled posession game in midfield (which Barry is critically important for).

Spot on.

I have though this for a while but he has looked better in possession recently and he is prepared to work hard enough to change is game so maybe we can still find a place for him.

Yes , at least i heard his name mentioned a few times after he'd come on today ..... which is more than i've usually done in the past , when he's managed to play the entire game!

looked good today, looked like hes starting to get the spark that he had at villa back. Still not sure on his place in the squad with him being smaller than most cm's, and yaya doing more attacking than defending. Looking better none the less.

Exceptional performance from milner today. Brings more to the table than de jong and was the correct substitute, injury or not

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.