Milners average

danburge82 said:
Our rivals have Fabregras(for now), Nasri, Gerrard, Modric, Arteta/Cahill; is Milner BETTER than these players? In my opinion, it's nit noticible that he is any better than any of these players!

I think to establish ourselves as finishing 3rd next season we need to have a real real top quality player in the central/creative/attacking midfield position!

I'm not sure Milner is that player - but then he may develop into that player!

he is not better than any of those players. Millner is not the creative midfielder you need, you have a strong hard working midfield with de hong, barry and even kompany when needed. you need a world class playmaker and with the money you got, you can do much better than Millner.

danburge82 said:
Our rivals have Fabregras(for now), Nasri, Gerrard, Modric, Arteta/Cahill; is Milner BETTER than these players? In my opinion, it's nit noticible that he is any better than any of these players!
Nit noticeable? Did you used to play that gendarme in Allo Allo?

Seriously, good point. £30m would be better spent on Gerrard, Modric or Arteta. Wave £15m at West Ham and we'd get Parker, who is just as good in my opinion.

Prestwich_Blue said:
danburge82 said:
Nit noticeable? Did you used to play that gendarme in Allo Allo?

Seriously, good point. £30m would be better spent on Gerrard, Modric or Arteta. Wave £15m at West Ham and we'd get Parker, who is just as good in my opinion.

Parker struggled last time he was in a big side and only really picked up for WH towards end of this season

Gerrard just no, as i feel e has lost his appetite for the game a bit

Modric would be god but being at Spurs we would have to fork out 50 mill to them

Arteta, cab we really be arsed with moyes crying on tv and papers every day for the next year about how we have no class for giving them 30 million and thus securing there future for another year

Why are people assuming that we are signing Milner to be the creative midfielder that we need. Maybe we will sign Milner and a genuinely creative midfielder. He can play in quite a few positions and do a really decent job so it's not the case that he wouldn't be able to play in the same team as someone like Hamsik.

Lancet Fluke said:
Why are people assuming that we are signing Milner to be the creative midfielder that we need. Maybe we will sign Milner and a genuinely creative midfielder. He can play in quite a few positions and do a really decent job so it's not the case that he wouldn't be able to play in the same team as someone like Hamsik.

I'd go along with this.

Milner will be, I believe, one of the three central midfielders for next season, and we'll have to bring in some creativity as well, as Milner won't do that for us.

Just another cog in the wheel, another piece of the jigsaw.

I hope so anyway!

Outside players from the so called top four...I thought Milner and O'hara were two of the best players I saw at home last year even before we put the bid in!

block109pogo said:
Lucky Toma said:
For a 23-year old he has an exceptional footballing brain.

He has two good feet and is versatile.

He keeps things ticking over and is always busy and looking to create.

He never goes missing during games and his work ethic is second to none (especially for a creative player).

By all accounts he's a model pro so can be guarenteed to provide calm and stability off the pitch as well as on.

His pass selection is superb and he varies it to good effect.

If I was that way inclined I would probably bum him.

he never goes missing during games? i player watched him 4 a bit when he came 2 our end and he was shit. dominated and outclassed by a nowadays average patrick vieira
jesus christ this forum attracts them doesn't it.

guest5234 said:
block109pogo said:
he never goes missing during games? i player watched him 4 a bit when he came 2 our end and he was shit. dominated and outclassed by a nowadays average patrick vieira
jesus christ this forum attracts them doesn't it.

Fortunately, I imagine our scouting methods are a bit more exhaustive than watching a player for one "bit" of one match.

bluemoonmatt said:
I would Milner is a very very good player. His stats speak for themselves, furthermore he is the only Eglish player in his generation that has stepped up to the mark internationally. When fat fwank and starfish retire, this lad is the future of the England midfield.

HE DOESNT SCORE MANY THOUGH DOES HE OR ARE WE NOT LOOKING FOR THAT FROM HIM?

As has been mentioned the fee is over inflated due to the home grown player role. Clubs are going to have to change the way they deal in the market. Barca are sticking to buying Spanish by the look off things - this is the way its going.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.