Milners average

BlueMooner87 said:
I think he is above average and would look great surrounded by some great players but personally I think in that position we need the best, then again he is only 23 there is nothing to say he won't keep improving and become our Steven Gerrard/Frank Lampard etc...

Lucky Toma said:
For a 23-year old he has an exceptional footballing brain.

He has two good feet and is versatile.

He keeps things ticking over and is always busy and looking to create.

He never goes missing during games and his work ethic is second to none (especially for a creative player).

By all accounts he's a model pro so can be guarenteed to provide calm and stability off the pitch as well as on.

His pass selection is superb and he varies it to good effect.

If I was that way inclined I would probably bum him.

ChippyPerthBlue said:
Milner is a very good and experienced English midfield player who is still only 23.

If he progresses as he has done at every club he has been to then the boy has a very bright career ahead of him.

All the managers and coaches who he has worked with have nothing but praise for his ability and attitude so all in all seems a logical purchase.

Is he the creative world class player most agree we require in central midfield then thats another question, in my opinion he is not that player.

1.618034 said:
Oasis_City said:
He's 24!!!!!!!

Date of birth 4 January 1986 (age 24)

Oh well. Forget it then. He's past it!

Could you tell me where I said he's past it?

skelpomike said:
He is a good player but I agree with those posters who are saying they don't want to be ripped off. He hasn't done enough for me to warrant paying over £20 million for him. If we got him for 20 then fine but if Villa want to play the Lescott - Gollum game with us then they can get lost, £30 million is way too much. I also hope O'Neill doesn't turn into Gollum over this and start moaning about us at every opportunity. He is one of the few managers in the league I don't mind.

Well Villa paid 12 million for him 2 seasons ago, he is much better now, and with transfer fees as crazy as they are i dont see how we getting ripped off

Why go to all the trouble the list his strengths when the OP is too lazy to state why he is only "average".

I thought Mancini would have someone up his sleeve i had not heard of, like a Spagettio from Genoa, but alas, we have to put uo with Milner, im sure Mancini had his spy's checking out Milner way back in Italy last year.
Fabregas, Iniesta, Xavi now they are what i call midfielders, sorry Milner doesn't cut it with me, nothing more than an average player in my book.

i'm pretty much with the o.p. - he's average-ish, or in fairness probably above. the facts quoted about him don't really stand up. when has he dominated against a good team?

he did f all against us at home and imho went missing for much of the game, which top players don't do. they still had as much to play for as we did, don't forget.

£20m+? Is he better than Barry? I know he's a different type of player but i want someone better than him to take us up a level. if we're going to the top, we need the quickest, hardest or the most skilful,which i don't think Milner is - good prem player - and very good against poor teams (most of the prem) but no more.

manchester blue said:
Lucky Toma said:
For a 23-year old he has an exceptional footballing brain.

He has two good feet and is versatile.

He keeps things ticking over and is always busy and looking to create.

He never goes missing during games and his work ethic is second to none (especially for a creative player).

By all accounts he's a model pro so can be guarenteed to provide calm and stability off the pitch as well as on.

His pass selection is superb and he varies it to good effect.

If I was that way inclined I would probably bum him.

Why go to all the trouble the list his strengths when the OP is too lazy to state why he is only "average".

Unfortunately half decent players go for the sums of money we expect to get us truly class players and that is before you factor in that we will have to pay more due to our financial position. The market has inflated in recent years and we need to realise that. There are some bargains around like Adam Johnson but I reckon they are the exception not the rule. I do actually think Milner is much better than average as well, to be fair.

I like Milner. He's a good player. He's had to put up with a new manager every year apart from last and he's just got on with it, put his head down and played football. Over £20m? Get to fuck.

forget Milner get Gourcuff

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Y-Y56PQlNI&feature=related[/youtube]

BoyBlue_1985 said:
skelpomike said:
He is a good player but I agree with those posters who are saying they don't want to be ripped off. He hasn't done enough for me to warrant paying over £20 million for him. If we got him for 20 then fine but if Villa want to play the Lescott - Gollum game with us then they can get lost, £30 million is way too much. I also hope O'Neill doesn't turn into Gollum over this and start moaning about us at every opportunity. He is one of the few managers in the league I don't mind.

Well Villa paid 12 million for him 2 seasons ago, he is much better now, and with transfer fees as crazy as they are i dont see how we getting ripped off

If we were to pay over £20 million for him we will be getting ripped off. It doesn't matter if Villa bought him for £50 million last week or £100 ten years ago, I'm basing my opinion on how good he is at football not previous transfer fees.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.