Minor Movements

Lets have it right - £78k a week is a lot of money, and if you consider that that could be a "basic" and coule have bonuses attached we could be on for a relatively big signing if true. Thats roughly what Van Persie is on now at Arsenal so thats the standard of player at other teams who are on that wage.

Also I reckon players like Milner, Clichy, De Jong would be on that level so thats a decent standard

Interesting, I could believe all of them and as someone pointed out he has form.

Cunningham is a left-back and probably better than McGivern so could replace him at Bristol City. Barnsley were rumoured to want McGivern so maybe he'll go there next season on loan or permanently.

Roman has been linked with Barcelona but actually Barcelona B, their second team in the Spanish second division that gives their youngsters great opportunities before moving to the main squad (if they're good enough). Roman is out of contract with us and doesn't look like he's signing a new one. :/

As for the goalkeeping situation, Stuart Taylor may be good for morale but is just taking up wage space. Eirik Johansen is 20 so can't be registered as homegrown for a year but if the club rates him (and they allegedly do) then he can become third choice keeper and we'll have to find someone else to take Taylor's homegrown spot - we could register Nimely or someone.

bluemoondays said:
If Taylor is leaving we need to get in a home-grown player, either that or register one of the kids in our 25 man squad. Taylor is one of the 8 senior home-grown players we have.......

Taylor, Micah, Milner, Barry, Joe, Clichy, Lescott and AJ - (discounting Bridge, MJ and Weiss).

Of course, if he is sneaky he may be angling for a 10k/week pay-rise as it would be cheaper than us buying in another player :-)
Not quite true. You don't have to register 8, there are 8 places reserved for home grown players which can't be taken up by non-home grown players.

We only registered 15 non-home grown players in Jan but have lost Hargreaves and Pizarro and need to include Mario this time so we have room for up to 3 more if no one else leaves.

We don't need to register one of the kids because all U21s are additional to the 25-man squad.

Mental_blue said:
bluemoondays said:
If Taylor is leaving we need to get in a home-grown player, either that or register one of the kids in our 25 man squad. Taylor is one of the 8 senior home-grown players we have.......

Taylor, Micah, Milner, Barry, Joe, Clichy, Lescott and AJ - (discounting Bridge, MJ and Weiss).

Of course, if he is sneaky he may be angling for a 10k/week pay-rise as it would be cheaper than us buying in another player :-)
Not quite true. You don't have to register 8, there are 8 places reserved for home grown players which can't be taken up by non-home grown players.

We only registered 15 non-home grown players in Jan but have lost Hargreaves and Pizarro and need to include Mario this time so we have room for up to 3 more if no one else leaves.

We don't need to register one of the kids because all U21s are additional to the 25-man squad.
Thanks, didn't realise that - I thought you had to name 8 home-grown in the squad. I assume if we only name 6, for example, then our effective squad size is actually only 23 (6 of 8 home-grown and 17 "others")

Mark - TheBlue said:
Thanks mate for just saying it straight. Please don't start using youtube videos.

This. As much as those videos are posted with good intentions, it really isn't much fun for the rest of us. It's like a 2 month game of charades and I usually get bored of that in 5 mins. Also so many subjective interpretations are made of the videos that it is hard to know whether or not you have come out better informed.

Darkhorse said:
Mark - TheBlue said:
Thanks mate for just saying it straight. Please don't start using youtube videos.

This. As much as those videos are posted with good intentions, it really isn't much fun for the rest of us. It's like a 2 month game of charades and I usually get bored of that in 5 mins. Also so many subjective interpretations are made of the videos that it is hard to know whether or not you have come out better informed.

Or if the person using the videos really knows anything at all. We could easily just be getting taken for a ride! I'd like to think that's not the case but it's hard to tell at times lol.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.