Minutes Appluase Yesterday.

Since the scousers booed bests minutes silence at our place it seems to have crept in as a way to drown out boos.
Perhaps football shouldn’t try to show off so much. Game falls on the week of it, so a silence, otherwise leave it. Silence in October smacks of being seen to do it.
Even the most obscure tv programs that were prerecorded months ago have carefully placed poppys out of fear of not being seen to show respect.
All show no meaning

It was applause for our game against Palace too. Silences are hard to observe with people coming in late not realising, opposing fans kicking off about perceived disrespect and the whole thing turns sour.
No it wasn’t, it was absolute silence, took my partners 6year old for his first ever game and he was ‘impeccable’ throughout it which I was very proud of.

Should only ever be silence and it should only be on the 11th. The more frequently it's held the more diluted it becomes.
Sort of agree, but for as long as I remember there has always been one on the 11th and one on the remembrance Sunday. Doing them because teams are at home a week or two before is a relatively. new thing and a bit unneccesary.

No it wasn’t, it was absolute silence, took my partners 6year old for his first ever game and he was ‘impeccable’ throughout it which I was very proud of.
Not in our part of the ground it wasn’t

Sort of agree, but for as long as I remember there has always been one on the 11th and one on the remembrance Sunday. Doing them because teams are at home a week or two before is a relatively. new thing and a bit unneccesary.
I agree with a fair bit of that but the timing of the international break puts the clubs and Premier League in an awkward position. If they decide not to hold any commemorations due to there being no games on the weekend of Remembrance Sunday, you'd no doubt get a school of thought accusing them of being disrespectful.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.