Misconception in football - Players are so rich

I'm sure I read somewhere that match day revenue (including ticket sales) are a small portion of a top club's revenue.
Yes, our own CEO, Ferran Soriano, said that. He also mentioned it in his book: "Goal: The Ball Doesn't Go In By Chance"

The top 200 people in the world are almost infinitely less than 2% of the population. To be clear £1.9 million of assets including your house puts you in the top 1% of Brits.
Top footballers are very well paid indeed although not as high as the super wealthy.
You missed @bluemist
from that list

The top 200 people in the world are almost infinitely less than 2% of the population. To be clear £1.9 million of assets including your house puts you in the top 1% of Brits.
Top footballers are very well paid indeed although not as high as the super wealthy.

I was interested in this stat but looking at ONS it's more like 5% but your still point stands, so apologies I wasn't trying to be pedantic.

Players are rich,and...??? Where is the problem? Although I would say top players are rich. In the game watched by billions in stadiums in front of 40, 50, 60K people. And what about golf, basketball, NFL, tennis, F1, etc.? I don't get this hatred at all.

The amount footballers earn is ridiculous.
They have none or very little connection to the supporters .
They live in a completely different world.
And the clubs ours included just keep putting the price up constantly taking off supporters
This is proven when they come off the pitch laughing with their arms around the 'enemy'

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.