Missing 12 lads found in Thailand cave alive after nine days

Some very poor attempts at humour in this thread.

I think it's attempting to show a bit of courtesy by using slow and simple wording. Kids in the northern regions (especially) of Thailand, don't tend to speak much English, it's perfectly understandable why he spoke like he did.
I have business meetings in places like Italy where I have been asked to speak exactly like this, as otherwise they can't understand

A brave ex navy seal has died, yet other divers still working, full of admiration for these blokes, let's hope
they stay safe.
What doesn't appear to have been explained is why the teacher/coach of these lads led them all deep into a pitch
black cave system, why? I can understand professional cavers, they do all this stuff regularly, but for kids to wander for miles
underground with no equipment seems madness, what kind of adventure trip is that?

A brave ex navy seal has died, yet other divers still working, full of admiration for these blokes, let's hope
they stay safe.
What doesn't appear to have been explained is why the teacher/coach of these lads led them all deep into a pitch
black cave system, why? I can understand professional cavers, they do all this stuff regularly, but for kids to wander for miles
underground with no equipment seems madness, what kind of adventure trip is that?
I guess these are questions they'll ask later, but it does sound like madness, especially at the start of the rainy season.

I have business meetings in places like Italy where I have been asked to speak exactly like this, as otherwise they can't understand

Have your Italian hosts asked you in English to do this?

If so are you ashamed at your monolingual limitations?

they stay safe.
Just goes to show how difficult it is, if even experienced adult divers have got into trouble and died during the rescue.

Three miles in. Under water.
Stalactites.
Stalagmites.
All this can confuse and panic young lads that can barely swim and certainly not scuba dive.
I used to love scuba diving and got the advanced under the Padi system. About 12 years ago I went cave diving in Portugal, the entrance was only 15m down and then about 75m along a very narrow tunnel to an opening where you could turn around. I only got maybe half way along and had what I can now relate to as a panic attack, never had one before or since. Briefly my tank got stuck as I tried to turn around and trying to free myself seemed like an eternity. When I eventually got back to the entrance I had to cling to the rocks for a good 15 mins as I’d hyperventilated so much I would have popped up like a cork.

That was the last time I ever went scuba diving and it’ll remain that way.

If you consider I was a fairly experienced diver and the cave was absolutely nothing compared to what these poor boys and coach will have to go through you have to be very, very worried for them.

I’ve read that the boys have said they have heard dogs barking and so the hope is there maybe an opening going directly up. Christ I hope so.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.