Mix of emotions towards balotelli (vote)

Damanino has it right when he says 'Mancini can't trust him'. And that's about it really.......

Damanino said:
With a huge talent you need super mentality that drives you forward.

That is what he lacks.

Messi and Ronaldo aren't just the best two players in the world on talent alone,its the talent + mentality that sets them apart.

I still would keep him though,i just want him to care about winning the title as much as we do,maybe he does and he doesn't show it,or maybe that's just me hoping.

The trouble is, Mario is such a complicated character many things about him cannot be answered with a simple 'yes' or 'no'.

Do I like him as a person ? Yes, I love him, you can see deep down he's actually got a very kind heart and is a nice lad.
Do I like him as a player ? Not particularly, there's no question he has incredible ability and desire, but he only shows it in flashes, the latter always seems to be in response to something that's happened on the pitch to him and not out of an actual desire to give 100% all of the time for the team.

So, the jury's still out for me I'm afraid, I just hope that switch is flicked sooner rather than later where he suddenly realises his responsibilities and sees the full picture of it all, personally I think that will come a few years down the line when he's moved on and I don't think we'll ever see the full benefit of his ability here, but I hope I'm wrong, he's a young lad and as such I'll give him more leeway than most.

Yes. But as a young professional who has lots to learn rather than as a first team regular.

Kenney_The_Blue said:
There's a lot of different views about Mario on here, there's plenty saying they've had enough of his moody antics and his lack of effort and then there's the other half who are saying they love his antics, he's a young lad with a lot of talent.

So I was just wondering what most people actually thought of him?

Just a simple:

Yes - if you like him as a player and a person and want him to stay at the club.

No - if you've had enough of him and think he's a liability

My vote:

Yes
I've honestly not made my mind up about whether I like him as a player or not yet.

I think he's wildly overrated. He's nowhere near world class and may never be world class. In that interview recently Noel Gallagher asked him if he thinks he'll be the best player in the world and I cringed because he'll never be the best player in the world. His decision making can be poor, his balance is terrible, his passing is erratic, his effort levels can be questionable and his attitude can be unacceptable...but he's got some excellent attributes...he's got some pace, he's good at defending corners, he can go past a player, he can strike a shot very well, he scores goals and his penalties are immense. All-in-all I think he's a good player, someone who needs to improve a hell of a lot, but a good player who is truly inconsistent at being just a good player.

I know you said a simple yes or no. But there are no simple yes or no's when it comes to Mario.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.