MLB 2024

Anyone going to London Series games. I'm going both days but as a Mets fan not holding out much hope of a win (also going to England game Friday night as my son visiting us)

I’m travelling over to NYC in July from the UK for the pre season game v Milan in Yankee stadium. Looking to go to the Mets v the Braves the night before in Citifield. Anyone that can give me some tips and pointers? Never been before, also about purchasing tickets? Seems to be a huge difference in price from MLB site to ticketmaster and again to seekgeek. Thanks
Sorry not replied mate, never been but there are a few Mets fans social media pages might be able to help

I’m travelling over to NYC in July from the UK for the pre season game v Milan in Yankee stadium. Looking to go to the Mets v the Braves the night before in Citifield. Anyone that can give me some tips and pointers? Never been before, also about purchasing tickets? Seems to be a huge difference in price from MLB site to ticketmaster and again to seekgeek. Thanks
Hi mate,

I've never been to Citifield but I've been to games at other stadiums. For tickets, the game will not likely sell out. If you want to wait and purchase tickets the day of/right before you walk inside the stadium to see if someone selling their tickets on seat geek or stubhub have lowered their prices you will be able to get seats. Same as you can simply buy them from mlb.com right before you walk inside if you choose. However, MLB won't lower their prices.

If you purchase from a private seller like stubhub I don't know if the Mets will give you the First Mets Game certificate. I should think they would if it's your first game and you paid for a seat.

I've attached a link to a blog a Dodgers fan wrote up about his visit to Citifield. Maybe it will provide useful information for you.

https://www.truebluela.com/2024/5/25/24126951/dodgers-travel-guide-citi-field-new-york-mets

Reactions: ob
One more thing, of you arrive early enough and have taken in everything you want to see at the stadium the players may still be warming up/going through drills in the outfield.

Wherever your seats may be you can typically go down along the areas by the outfield wall. Players will often toss balls up for fans to catch. It is usually younger boys and some grown men acting like dicks demanding balls. However, the games I've been to the players will try to accommodate people not acting like arseholes. If you have younger boys or females in your group the players tend to try and get balls for them from my experiences.

My teenage daughter gets one every time we go. They make for a nice free souvenir that has a fun story to go with it. Be wary, some men or boys may act like dicks and try to get in front of you when they see a ball has been thrown to you or one of your companions.

Anyone going to London Series games. I'm going both days but as a Mets fan not holding out much hope of a win (also going to England game Friday night as my son visiting us)
How much were your tickets and what was the range??

Just landed in DC now. Visiting family and got tickets for the Mets vs Nats tomorrow. However the forecast is for rain-doh!!

Got tickets of seat geek and even with it’s bullshit “fees” tickets were only $16 each and decent seats and all…

How much were your tickets and what was the range??

Just landed in DC now. Visiting family and got tickets for the Mets vs Nats tomorrow. However the forecast is for rain-doh!!

Got tickets of seat geek and even with it’s bullshit “fees” tickets were only $16 each and decent seats and all…
Not sure what range was, I bought for Sunday £90 each. My son paid for Saturday not sure what he paid.

I've been to games in Boston, Toronto and San Francisco all much cheaper than the London ones

I went to Fenway Park last year and got mine through MLB's Ballpark app, they appear on the app about 24 hours before the game if I recall, hope that helps, not sure if you can get them cheaper elsewhere.

Definitely try seat geek. Some decent deals. Just used them to go to a nats vs Mets game down in dc last night. Pretty easy to use but you have to download the app.

Just a thought. If you end up going and are traveling from Manhattan, I would take the Long Island RR instead of the 7 train unless you want the 7 train experience. It probably takes only 1/4 of the time and it’s definitely safer especially when coming back into the city after the game. It will cost more but , to me, it’s worth it.

While there’s nothing around the stadium itself you can take the lIRR or the 7 line intoFlushing. You can eat there and it’s like a mini Chinatown/Koreatown.

The 7 line must make at least 20 stops. If you take the LIRR it’s the Port Washington line…

Lets go Mets, hope it's better than yesterday

Attachments

• Compress_20240609_150821_1034.jpg
    Compress_20240609_150821_1034.jpg
    236.6 KB · Views: 7

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.