MLB 2024

When the Padres played the Dodgers in this seasons playoffs they wouldn’t sell tickets to people who came from many post codes in the Los Angeles area.

This season the mrs and I enjoyed a game in Dc at Nats park when they played the Mets. Mets killed them 9/0. We cheered for the Mets but weren’t obnoxious, wore our Mets gear and nobody said boo to us….

Philadelphia has not ben a city of brotherly love to Mets fans in my experience.

More than a few years ago when Mets v. St. Louis was a big rivalry a large and loud Cardinals fan was being increasingly obnoxious as the drink and the sun took their toll on him. He was coming back from a repeat trip to the concessions stalls carrying a box laden with burgers and beers, though it was probably also his belly that hid the steps from his view. Anyway he didn't see the foot that stretched out as he passed our row. To his credit, I suppose, when he picked himself up he went back and bought another load of supplies rather than try to pick everything off the floor.

Philadelphia has not ben a city of brotherly love to Mets fans in my experience.

More than a few years ago when Mets v. St. Louis was a big rivalry a large and loud Cardinals fan was being increasingly obnoxious as the drink and the sun took their toll on him. He was coming back from a repeat trip to the concessions stalls carrying a box laden with burgers and beers, though it was probably also his belly that hid the steps from his view. Anyway he didn't see the foot that stretched out as he passed our row. To his credit, I suppose, when he picked himself up he went back and bought another load of supplies rather than try to pick everything off the floor.
I wouldn’t go to Philly wearing a Mets gear. Enough said..

Rough outing from Senga. He was decent last week but he looked lost up there.

On the other subject, generally a baseball game is about as safe as anything you can do in an American city, just don't provoke people and keep walking if someone tries to provoke you. And as was said above, probably better to keep a low profile for certain rivalries, especially in a playoff/knockout situation. I wouldn't have gone down to Philly for Game 4 last week; likely would have been fine, but life's too short to spend 3 hours around a bunch of hostile drunks.

When the Padres played the Dodgers in this seasons playoffs they wouldn’t sell tickets to people who came from many post codes in the Los Angeles area.

This season the mrs and I enjoyed a game in Dc at Nats park when they played the Mets. Mets killed them 9/0. We cheered for the Mets but weren’t obnoxious, wore our Mets gear and nobody said boo to us….
A LOT of people at Nationals Park could not care less about the game. They are there to drink $10+ beers, do tik toks or generally have something "cool" to do.

Went there a few seasons ago when they played L.A. Had my Dodgers cap on, never felt threatened. Had some comments but they were mostly good natured.

As an aside, we had a group of three families, all with kids. The seats behind me had three early twenties females in them with a seat between them. Then their boyfriends showed up. Three "bro" looking types.

As soon as they sat down, it was obvious they were HIGHLY intoxicated. The one directly behind me was telling the women how he had "drank a whole bottle of whiskey" before they came. Literally every sentence he said contained some version of the word "fuck" and he was loud.

I turned to him after an inning and said in a quiet voice, "We all paid for these seats like you did. There are a lot of women and kids here. Calm down or you and I will have a problem. Are we clear?"

The other two dad's, both Squaddies, looked at him and nodded after I finished. I was actually surprised, instead of him kicking off about it he just said, "Yes sir. I'm sorry, sir."

"Thank you. Enjoy the game."

Who are the Padres?

Mets mullered last night. Went to bed in the 4th and quickly went through the dvr. Not much good to see at all!!

Senga horrible. He threw 13 balls to 2 strikes his first 15 pitches? Terrible. Three of the four guys he walked scored in his 1 1/3 innings he pitched.

They go again this afternoon. If the Mets win and split, it’s a totally different dynamic going back to Flushing!! It’s a huge if though.

Reactions: ob
Definitely lacking in sharpness last night. Not that surprising given the layoff, and in Senga's case maybe some nervousness about a huge occasion in Japan.

In the circumstances getting lit up might be the best thing that could have happened. Hoping they come out angry and focused today. The reality is these Dodger pitchers are not that good and the spell has to break at some point.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.