MLB 2024

Cleveland playing Wild Thing i thought that was just the film that did that it did they adopt it from the film? Pity they changed their name as well bloody PC nonsense

Just got back from the game. Cleveland played very solidly and the Lane Thomas grand slam was the back breaker they needed. Skubal and the Tigers just ran out of steam in the end.
Bring on the (fuck the) Yankees!

View attachment 134777
I watched the last four innings. The atmosphere sounded amazing.

Couple of questions for those in the know.
How many away fans actually travel or is it just people who’ve moved to that area say from Detroit to Cleveland but still support Detroit that go?
Is there an away allocation like football over here
How do they decide who gets the 3 home s out if 5 or in the World Series the 4th home if it goes to 7 games?

Couple of questions for those in the know.
How many away fans actually travel or is it just people who’ve moved to that area say from Detroit to Cleveland but still support Detroit that go?
Is there an away allocation like football over here
How do they decide who gets the 3 home s out if 5 or in the World Series the 4th home if it goes to 7 games?
There’s no “away allocation”, or seating area, everyone is mixed in together, although away fans usually try to get seats behind their teams dugout. Generally, there’s no mither either. As long as you don’t go shouting your mouth off and being a dick, people will leave you be. You might get some verbal banter, but that’s about it.

People do travel, but most cities usually have a decent diaspora from other cities too. We have family in the DC area and usually go when the Guardians play at the Baltimore Orioles and there’s typically one or two thousand Cleveland fans at those games, same when I’ve seen them at the Yankees and the White Sox. We always make a trip up to Detroit, which is only a 2.5 hr drive and the numbers are higher. Overall, I’d say it’s probably 70:30 people who live locally vs those who travel.

If it’s a weekend series, you’ll usually get a higher away following, as people will travel in and make a weekend/ city-break of it. Our condo is in a building that’s half hotel and there’s always people staying here and doing just that.

Re your last question, the team with the best regular season record gets the home advantage. If that’s tied, then it goes to the head-to-head record from the regular season. It did used to be various different methods in the past, but nowadays everyone plays everyone else at least three times during the regular season.

There’s no “away allocation”, or seating area, everyone is mixed in together, although away fans usually try to get seats behind their teams dugout. Generally, there’s no mither either. As long as you don’t go shouting your mouth off and being a dick, people will leave you be. You might get some verbal banter, but that’s about it.

People do travel, but most cities usually have a decent diaspora from other cities too. We have family in the DC area and usually go when the Guardians play at the Baltimore Orioles and there’s typically one or two thousand Cleveland fans at those games, same when I’ve seen them at the Yankees and the White Sox. We always make a trip up to Detroit, which is only a 2.5 hr drive and the numbers are higher. Overall, I’d say it’s probably 70:30 people who live locally vs those who travel.

If it’s a weekend series, you’ll usually get a higher away following, as people will travel in and make a weekend/ city-break of it. Our condo is in a building that’s half hotel and there’s always people staying here and doing just that.

Re your last question, the team with the best regular season record gets the home advantage. If that’s tied, then it goes to the head-to-head record from the regular season. It did used to be various different methods in the past, but nowadays everyone plays everyone else at least three times during the regular season.

Usually no mither but some places you are literally taking your life into your hands wearing the other team's top, baseball cap, t-shirt and etc.

San Francisco Giants versus, and I hate saying this as a Dodgers fan, the L.A. Dodgers.

https://www.latimes.com/sports/stor...cisco-giants-dodger-rivalry-sometimes-violent

https://abc7.com/bryan-stow-giants-fan-attacked-dodger-stadium-beaten-at-the-ballpark/13756451/

https://www.hummbabybaseball.com/sf...antsdodgers-rivalry-to-clash-in-the-2021-nlds

i went to an Orioles v. the Rays game a few years ago, in Baltimore, with a mate who is from Florida and Ray's fan. The Orioles fans couldn't have been nicer to him. We were outside the ballpark at a place having a few beers and they were all welcoming and very friendly. It didn't bother them at all that he was wearing Rays colours.

Mets v. Dodgers coming up.

The only joke I told that got a laugh in my one-night stint at a comedy club:
"What would have happened if Christopher Columbus had landed on the west coast of America (yes, i know) instead of the east?
"People in Los Angeles would have gotten very upset when the Dodgers moved to Brooklyn."

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.