MLB 2024

Ffs Senga if he was wearing a White Sox shirt you'd have thought he had taken a bung ;-)
Anyway back on track do the buggers today, we still owe them for 88.
LGFM.

Ffs Senga if he was wearing a White Sox shirt you'd have thought he had taken a bung ;-)
Anyway back on track do the buggers today, we still owe them for 88.
LGFM.
Actually, if he had been wearing a White Sox jersey, it would still have been a pretty good performance by this summer’s standards…

Mets 6 up in the 2nd!
Another question if you swing and hit a foul ball you get a strike is that right? Because it seems once you have two strikes any more foul balls don’t count or am I completely wrong?

Mets 6 up in the 2nd!
Another question if you swing and hit a foul ball you get a strike is that right? Because it seems once you have two strikes any more foul balls don’t count or am I completely wrong?
That’s 100% the rule. Foul balls with two strikes do not count unless you attempt to bunt. Then it’s the third strike.

Mets 6 up in the 2nd!
That's right. Record is 16 foul balls in one at bat, 21 pitches total.

That’s 100% the rule. Foul balls with two strikes do not count unless you attempt to bunt. Then it’s the third strike.
Cheers mate for clearing that up, next question does everyone have to bat in the 9 innings or do certain players get to bat more ?
They just said that home run for the grand slam wouldn’t have been a home run at another stadium due to a wall, so is there not a minimum distance for the outfield? Seems unfair that all stadiums are different or do they just say it’s the same for both teams ?

Last edited:
Cheers mate for clearing that up, next question does everyone have to bat in the 9 innings or do certain players get to bat more ?
All nine players bat in order. The order is established at the start of the game. Players usually get at least four at bats ( plate appearances) per game. Many games players at the top of the order ie 1st, 2nd 3rd might get 5. If you score a lot of runs you can get 6 but that’s rare.

BTW an at bat is different than a plate appearance. You don’t get an at bat if you walk, get hit by pitch, hit a sacrifice bunt or fly. It won’t count against your batting average.

All nine players bat in order. The order is established at the start of the game. Players usually get at least four at bats ( plate appearances) per game. Many games players at the top of the order ie 1st, 2nd 3rd might get 5. If you score a lot of runs you can get 6 but that’s rare.

BTW an at bat is different than a plate appearance. You don’t get an at bat if you walk, get hit by pitch, hit a sacrifice bunt or fly. It won’t count against your batting average.
So you have the 9 players who bat and field how many pitchers are you allowed and I’m assuming they don’t bat?

Pitchers used to bat but not anymore. The Nstional League had pitchers bat up to only a few years ago. The American League has had the DH since the mid 70s.

The team has 24,25 players. I forget the number. There are no limit as to how many pitchers you can have. However, each pitcher that comes in has to face at least three batters. This is a new rule the last two seasons I think. There were too many pitching changes and games took longer. Ratings were going down in part because of the length and pace of play.

If you have too many pitchers, then you have less subs on the bench and the manager has a lot less flexibility to use pinch hitters (subs) at the end of the game.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.