MLB playoffs World Series

Mets vs jays - the two teams I like in baseball - prefer the jays but seeing the Mets take NY would be great. Went to watch the Mets a couple of years back - talk about watching sport first class.

To be fair you couldn't begrudge the Cubs at all either .

Well from what I can remember the jays are two decades without winning it, the Mets 3 decades, Kansas City I think even longer and the Cubs haven't they been on a century losing streak for ages or have they never won it due to some curse or other.

Going to be huge huge celebrations somewhere!

Just watching the Jays as sick at home and bored, can't get in to basketball but I can happily watch MLB , NFL and even more so NHL anytime!

Come on Jays up by 6 in the 6th

Went to watch the brewers as i lived close by and tbh the best bit was the car park bbq booze ups.
The game was miles away so no chance do you get to see what type of ball is pitched really, the beer is shit and the que's are very long. You need mountain goat type agility not to trip and meet a gravity + astro turf related death via the seating entrance/exit stairs. Some matches go on for ages and in a Milwaukee autumn/winter that is not much fun.

Oh yeah the military precision the diamond cleanup guys have is cool, it is like a carefully choreographed ballet, that was the best bit about the actual watching tbh.

Few games held you properly imo, even a pretty damn dull footy match is good value put up against a large majority of baseball games.

tl;dr if you are going, stay in the carpark otherwise tv is better

Note: i do like the game, just watching it live is like dragging a 1h film into a 12 h mini series kinda deal for me. That said, it was often effing cold so that defo did not help.

Quite surprised at that thought no loved lost between the teams

Like in Chicago, San Francisco and LA, the two-team cities have rivalries, but they aren't especially intense. One side of town is American League (Yankees) and the other National League (Mets). Recall for years the sides never played each other unless they matched up in a World Series. Interleague play during the season is a relatively recent invention. I'm a San Francisco Giants fan but we generally tolerate Oakland A's fans -- we might rib them some, and they don't especially like us but don't hate us -- and the "half-and-half" hats (yes, just like those scarves tourists wear to matches) are more prominent than you'd think.

Now Yankees v. Boston Red Sox (both American League)? San Francisco Giants vs LA Dodgers (both National League)? Those are rivalries.

Had family in Canada and my Dad and I were given tickets to watch the Blue Jays play the Twins when I was about 8. Was a cracking game and as a kid I loved the entertainment factor which included playing the sound of a tape rewinding when the Twins were having a team talk in a huddle halfway through the game. Ended 9-0 I think. Good luck to the Blue Jays, though if a team has gone longer without winning it I want them to win for their fans.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.