MLB playoffs World Series

Like in Chicago, San Francisco and LA, the two-team cities have rivalries, but they aren't especially intense. One side of town is American League (Yankees) and the other National League (Mets). Recall for years the sides never played each other unless they matched up in a World Series. Interleague play during the season is a relatively recent invention. I'm a San Francisco Giants fan but we generally tolerate Oakland A's fans -- we might rib them some, and they don't especially like us but don't hate us -- and the "half-and-half" hats (yes, just like those scarves tourists wear to matches) are more prominent than you'd think.

Now Yankees v. Boston Red Sox (both American League)? San Francisco Giants vs LA Dodgers (both National League)? Those are rivalries.

Mostly true but most White Sox fans I know HATE the Cubs and their fans.

Mostly true but most White Sox fans I know HATE the Cubs and their fans.

Yeah I think Chicago is a bit different than the other two-club markets. 115 years having both clubs. Historical association of Cubs/north side v Sox/south side.

New York was supposedly very much like that before the Dodgers and Giants moved. Seems like the Mets and Yankees fans I've known never much hated each other though.

Interesting the post earlier that this would be the first WS not involving one of the 16 circa 1903 clubs. Kind of surprising with all the expansion since that this hasn't happened before.

Yep the Dodgers and Giants moved to sunny climes god bless the Mets for national league baseball in New York. So with no history a bigger better team on the other side of town with all the HISTORY the Mets are doomed.Makes sense to me, like what I keep hearing from rag fans. lol

Big game for the Jays coming shortly!

O Canada ........

Jays v mets would be a perfect final

Cmon blue jays! In my limited understanding of the game they've been unlucky so far but it's still all to play for. 1-2 down in the bottom of the 5th
They had the luckiest inning of all time in game five of the ALDS. The Rangers had their best pitcher on the mound who got them to hit routine ground balls and they booted three in a row. Then they misplayed a simple infield fly later in the inning.

Fox advertise the world series as Mets Vs Royals and Joey Bats hits a two run homer, lol.
Cmon Blue Jays, they will always hate you for not being one of them. Let"s do this !!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.