MLS / New York City thread

Now would be a good time (as champions) to announce CFG are looking to relocate the 'franchise' as they do in american egg chasing, to stir up the locals to get a stadium organised??

If so, are there any major cities without 'soccer'?

Now would be a good time (as champions) to announce CFG are looking to relocate the 'franchise' as they do in american egg chasing, to stir up the locals to get a stadium organised??

The CFG chose New York specifically because it is New York. They just need to sort the stadium.

Anchorage, Alaska, could do with a soccer team.

Not quite as simple as it sounds, don't forget in the MLS, CFG have partners like the new York Yankees, and Adidas. Can't really see them giving up the NYC market to pick up and go to Hartford Connecticut or Birmingham Alabama. Their stadium issues will get sorted in time, the Yankees are not pushing them to move, the MLS should and will probably step in and find "partially finance" a stadium and all will roll smoothly.
I realize and understand why us yanks are accused of fucking with the status quo operation of British football, but when it comes to the franchising of sport, we really are pretty good at it.
Just keep in mind, the Glazers bought a "franchise" in the NFL before they bought the circus in Trafford. The one in Tampa makes them money, the one in Trafford they take the money.
CFG, I'm sure knows what they bought into over here, my guess is they're okay with it.

NY through to next round of the Concacaf champions league 6-0 agg. Playing next against Comunicaciones FC in Hartford CT. May I add a stones throw away from Manchester, CT
f3c938e738d4afc326097e5ece43a813.jpg

Surely NYCFC will get a new proper stadium now since they are champions of the USA?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.