Mobile phones and driving

Always raise a smile when you see traffic cops on the tv pulling drivers over for using phones whilst themselves taking a hand off the wheel whilst holding the radio mike attached to their shirts.

Not defending idiots who use their phones btw but for me it’s almost an identical offence
https://www.dcs2way.co.uk/news/is-it-legal-to-use-a-two-way-radio-whilst-driving.htm

Having used vehicle mounted radios in a previous job I can honestly say that using a press-to-transmit handset is nothing like using a mobile phone whilst driving. In general, the channel is preselected before driving, and if it does need changing it is no more difficult than tuning a car radio.

Muppets who use their phones not only put themselves at risk, but also the lives of their passengers and other road users.

https://www.dcs2way.co.uk/news/is-it-legal-to-use-a-two-way-radio-whilst-driving.htm

Having used vehicle mounted radios in a previous job I can honestly say that using a press-to-transmit handset is nothing like using a mobile phone whilst driving. In general, the channel is preselected before driving, and if it does need changing it is no more difficult than tuning a car radio.

Muppets who use their phones not only put themselves at risk, but also the lives of their passengers and other road users.
Correct. Utter cunts.

I have been in a lot of taxi's recently and 2 of them started talking on their phones and i had to asked them to please stop as i'm broken enough without getting in a car accident as well,they both did stop but they were clearly not happy with me,i gave them fuck all tips but have been very generous with all the others who looked after me properly and didn't take calls,they are stupid anyone that does it

Bloomin' heck Karen7, what happened to you ? Hope you are ok.

The reason it isn't illegal to operate a radio is because they operate on a "simplex" or "half duplex" system whereas mobile phones operate on a "duplex" system meaning you can talk and listen at the same time, whereas a radio you can't.

Makes you wonder how people got by 20 years ago without mobile phones..... people are constantly glued to the fucking things, be it driving, walking or at social gatherings. Proper pisses me off.

Makes you wonder how people got by 20 years ago without mobile phones..... people are constantly glued to the fucking things, be it driving, walking or at social gatherings. Proper pisses me off.
Pisses me off that people go to a game more interested in being on their phone than watching the game. A major factor in lack of atmosphere IMO.

I have also used two way radios many times both before and after the phone ban came in - whilst it would have been impossible for the law to ban two way radios, I did become a bit wary after the ban - thanks for the clarification link

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.