Mobile phones and driving

One guy near us picked his 2 boys up from school, 6 & 8 year olds, he was pissed as fuck. The school was on a bendy road that went through bush. He left the road on a tight bend and smashed into a big tree. Both boys (unsecured in the back seat) died instantly but the driver lived, air bags saved him. My mate was first paramedic on the scene and it affected him badly.
Never found out drivers punishment but imagine living with that..
I wasn't comparing drink driving with using a phone, merely asking if crushing the car and banning the driver for life should also be applied to other motoring offences. Safety officials often say using a phone is the equivalent of driving while drunk so it seemed a reasonable question.
In my opinion, drink driving is actually worse, not in terms of being unable to concentrate on the road, but in terms of how the driver reacts as a situation develops. You can drop the phone immediately but you can't sober up quickly.
In terms of road safety I'd advocate having to resit the test for any offence that carried a penalty of six points or more.

I wasn't comparing drink driving with using a phone, merely asking if crushing the car and banning the driver for life should also be applied to other motoring offences. Safety officials often say using a phone is the equivalent of driving while drunk so it seemed a reasonable question.
In my opinion, drink driving is actually worse, not in terms of being unable to concentrate on the road, but in terms of how the driver reacts as a situation develops. You can drop the phone immediately but you can't sober up quickly.
In terms of road safety I'd advocate having to resit the test for any offence that carried a penalty of six points or more.
Dropping the phone is no help if you are already in the accident so to speak, I’ve dealt with drunk drivers, drugged drivers and probably mobile phone drivers in accidents, they are all cunts, some have died, some have killed their mates, they have also dealt misery on innocent people, banned for life and made to clean up the streets with a big fucking sign on their back saying murderer, because it’s like a loaded gun in my opinion.

Having to drop the phone means the person using it has caused the dangerous situation they are in, so same thing

There were two crashes within 15 minutes of each other in our small valley last night. One involved a Tesla that just wandered into the oncoming lane and had a head on with a fully loaded grain truck ( pulling a fully loaded pup traile). The front bumper of the grain truck ended up almost in line and directly over the rear bumper of the Tesla, needless to say all four were pureed in the car. Deserted highway, begs the question what had distracted the driver.... I guess we will never know

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.