Modern Technology.....A Love Affair

Can you pull the menu down from the top of the screen or from either side ?
Nope. Wouldn't do anything. Nothing on screen except a set up wizard which was hopeless. 3 different techies could not solve it, so this FOC had no chance.

Last edited:
It sounds like you need to use the accessibility functions that Android have built, but nothing will sort you if you got a cheap tablet. If you have specific needs (sounds like you do) then i'd echo the thoughts of most on here and say just pay the extra and get an iPad. I bought one for my son from John Lewis, it was about £300 if i remember correctly, and i can't fault it.
Yeah, looking at ipads now, but tablet was not a cheapie.

Interesting, which one did you get? Because there shouldn't be any of the issues you mentioned tbh, if it's one of their decent ones.
Samsung Galaxy A7 £120
Very frustrating. Why you cant just switch on, go to Settings, select, tap tap and go. Its techies, they make 'improvements' all the time that fuck things up, in this case a wizard set up procedure that is US.

Aha, so i am not an idiot, others have same prob. I didnt think to google it before i sent it back!
If this prob is common, how come samsung support couldn't help me?
Thanks mate.
AND to all those who mocked me for being a useless FOC, FUCK RIGHT OFF!!!

Last edited:
Sorry not sure where to put this but I'm thinking of buying an iPad again. An iPad Air 4, i.e the 2020 latest model.

Back when I ditched my olf iPad they would only go up to 1080p on the YouTube app which seemed like a waste of the nice screens. I've since read that some iPads now support 1440p, 4K etc on the YouTube app.

Can anyone who owns one of the newer snazzier iPads (iPad air 2020 would be ideal) say or not if the 1440p or 4k (Sometimes called 2160p) option is there please?

This is an example video that should show all these higher quality settings -

Below is the options on what I see on my Android phone. I.e all the quality options

Screenshot_20210825-114947.png

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.