Mohammed Kudus

Not just tackles, 50/50's. The point is he is a tenacious warrior type, never chickens out of a contest for the ball. He would be good here but I feel his very physical aggressive style of play fits the dippers more. Would be great for any top 3 team. He's the type of player Arsenal desperately needs for a title push, their entire team has some weird "boy band" energy and could really do with a few warriors
This stat is strange and quite the surprise to read about Kudus. As I've seen him on many occasions just take plays off or be lackadaisical about defensive contribution.

I know he is hard osed when he wants to be. But I'm shocked to find out this must be most of the time. As you can't Garner that many duels if you are not into it most of the time.

Which is quite the surprise to me.

I need to watch more of him.

This stat is strange and quite the surprise to read about Kudus. As I've seen him on many occasions just take plays off or be lackadaisical about defensive contribution.

I know he is hard osed when he wants to be. But I'm shocked to find out this must be most of the time. As you can't Garner that many duels if you are not into it most of the time.

Which is quite the surprise to me.

I need to watch more of him.
Must have been watching someone else, even the hammer fans would tell you he's easily their hardest worker

Must have been watching someone else, even the hammer fans would tell you he's easily their hardest worker
When I watch him I get that ' I am better than the club I play for' vibe about him. Granted, most of the games I saw other than against us was earlier in the season.

Edit: Watching a tactical analysis video of his game. And he is in the 90% - 99% percentile of all defensive contributions and workrate.

That's impressive :)

Last edited:
Not just tackles, 50/50's. The point is he is a tenacious warrior type, never chickens out of a contest for the ball. He would be good here but I feel his very physical aggressive style of play fits the dippers more. Would be great for any top 3 team. He's the type of player Arsenal desperately needs for a title push, their entire team has some weird "boy band" energy and could really do with a few warriors
A 50/50 is a tackle isn’t it?

I don't rate him as highly as most apparently.
Yeah, way overhyped. I noticed that on BM a lot of people get really excited about fast, tricky players. I mean, lots of people wanted the likes of Diaby here last summer. Kudus is a great player and all, but some of the comments in this thread are laughable. He wouldn't get in our 11.

Yeah, way overhyped. I noticed that on BM a lot of people get really excited about fast, tricky players. I mean, lots of people wanted the likes of Diaby here last summer. Kudus is a great player and all, but some of the comments in this thread are laughable. He wouldn't get in our 11.
Just watching more of his highlights to see his defensive workrate that I missed in real time.

I see a lot of overdribbling, and failures to release the ball early.

He has great balance and is hard to knock off the ball. But his actual dribbling technique isn't uniquely superior, he over dribbles, is painfully one footed and he doesn't link up well

A Thoroughbred athlete though. I can see the allure, but he is certainly not my cup of tea.

I'll take that Portuguese kid over him every day of the week.

My idea of a perfect winger is a quick player in and out of his breaks, fast would be nice but not necessary. But the player should have great ball control technique with sticky tight area dribbling.

In short, Doku with better ball technique would be perfect. And I think the Portuguese kid, Conceicao, embodies all those qualities.

He is currently #1 on my list of potential RW players

He wouldn’t be any different than Doku in terms of prestige at the time of the transfer and Doku hasn’t turned out too bad at all, in fact we needed a player like him, maybe two. Showed in our match against United.

Already has a good work rate and is clinical from outside the box the latter of which can’t be said for our other wingers. He’d get a boatload for us, but as you say he holds onto the ball a bit too long, minor issue to iron out.

Just watching more of his highlights to see his defensive workrate that I missed in real time.

I see a lot of overdribbling, and failures to release the ball early.

He has great balance and is hard to knock off the ball. But his actual dribbling technique isn't uniquely superior, he over dribbles, is painfully one footed and he doesn't link up well

A Thoroughbred athlete though. I can see the allure, but he is certainly not my cup of tea.

I'll take that Portuguese kid over him every day of the week.

He can do almost 90% of what Grealish can do with better outcome

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.