Moment when you thought " Thats it,had enough of City "

I don't remember who we were playing, but I remember when Stuart Pearce was the manager, the football was so bad, I gave up watching the game and I was just looking around the stadium. I was just looking around at the people in the ground, wondering what I was doing going to the games, what we were all doing, turning up to watch such crap.

We had seen such awful football over the years, but that day I was devoid of hope. For the first time in my life, I thought City would never, ever, win anything again in my lifetime. The following week I couldn't even bring myself to go to the ground to watch the game.

Well, the final reminder came for me to renew my seasoncard, and although several friends of mine gave up, I put my hand in my pocket, and I'm glad I did, but that time under Pearce tested me to the limit.

peoffrey said:
Nottingham Forest 0-3 in the FA Cup nearly pushed me over the edge. It was just after an expensive Christmas and New Year but I found the cash to go and was just cold by final whistle. Absolutely cold. I drank myself stupid for a few hours and eventually got home at 11pm.
Was this game in the mid 90s?. If so I remember it well and it stopped me going for a couple of weeks at least, it was the worst away game I've ever been to, it started on the way there when I was sat in the boot of an estate car getting a sore arse sat on a toolbox when some woman drove into the back of us, ended up getting there late at halftime and was already 1-0 down, then they scored again right at the start of 2nd half so fuck all to cheer about, game ended 3-0' got back to the car to find it had been towed away as we had parked a foot over some cunts driveway due to arriving late, then while having to walk fucking miles to the police pound to get the car back some forest prick tried to run us over and hurt my mates foot even though they had won, it then cost a fortune getting the car out, never been to the shithole since but will always follow city

Never had a moment where i've ever thought right thats it, dont get me wrong there have been some horrendous times in my match going days (im 28) the one that immediately springs to mind is the 1-0 defeat at home to Bury but I think I was too young to let it hurt me as much as it would do now.

Strangely the season under Pearce I really enjoyed but looking back I think it may have been because I just used the match as an excuse to meet my mates early and go on the piss, out of the 9 goals we scored at home that year I missed 3 of them at the bar, good times!!!

We played QPR in about 94. No shots all game. I almost fell asleep. It got worse than that eventually!

Greggo said:
peoffrey said:
Nottingham Forest 0-3 in the FA Cup nearly pushed me over the edge. It was just after an expensive Christmas and New Year but I found the cash to go and was just cold by final whistle. Absolutely cold. I drank myself stupid for a few hours and eventually got home at 11pm.

Was this game in the mid 90s?. If so I remember it well and it stopped me going for a couple of weeks at least, it was the worst away game I've ever been to, it started on the way there when I was sat in the boot of an estate car getting a sore arse sat on a toolbox when some woman drove into the back of us, ended up getting there late at halftime and was already 1-0 down, then they scored again right at the start of 2nd half so fuck all to cheer about, game ended 3-0' got back to the car to find it had been towed away as we had parked a foot over some cunts driveway due to arriving late, then while having to walk fucking miles to the police pound to get the car back some forest prick tried to run us over and hurt my mates foot even though they had won, it then cost a fortune getting the car out, never been to the shithole since but will always follow city

No. It was early 2009. Zabaleta, Richards, Kompany, Elano and Wright-Phillips all played yet a struggling Championship side beat us with ease. With all due respect, I'd be amazed if you didn't remember it.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/fa_cup/7803315.stm

peoffrey said:
Greggo said:
peoffrey said:

Yeah I remember that game I didn't go as I was away visiting relatives so automatically just thought of that shit day trip to nottingham

No. It was early 2009. Zabaleta, Richards, Kompany, Elano and Wright-Phillips all played yet a struggling Championship side beat us with ease. With all due respect, I'd be amazed if you didn't remember it.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/fa_cup/7803315.stm

Fowlers Penalty Miss said:
I don't remember who we were playing, but I remember when Stuart Pearce was the manager, the football was so bad, I gave up watching the game and I was just looking around the stadium. I was just looking around at the people in the ground, wondering what I was doing going to the games, what we were all doing, turning up to watch such crap.

We had seen such awful football over the years, but that day I was devoid of hope. For the first time in my life, I thought City would never, ever, win anything again in my lifetime. The following week I couldn't even bring myself to go to the ground to watch the game.

Well, the final reminder came for me to renew my seasoncard, and although several friends of mine gave up, I put my hand in my pocket, and I'm glad I did, but that time under Pearce tested me to the limit.

This was the season for me which caused me to become disillusioned with it all. 10 goals at home all season and shockingly bad football. I felt like I was throwing money away. The only way appeared to be downwards. What a dramatic turn of events though.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.