Moment when you thought " Thats it,had enough of City "

in 1996 (i think) i was mascot when Lincoln beat us 1-0, we were already 4-1 down from the first leg and the shit i got at school was unreal.

also loosing at Chesterfield pretty woeful. i think samaras put us 1-0 up and we lost 2-1<br /><br />-- Sun May 27, 2012 7:19 pm --<br /><br />in 1996 (i think) i was mascot when Lincoln beat us 1-0, we were already 4-1 down from the first leg and the shit i got at school was unreal.

also loosing at Chesterfield pretty woeful. i think samaras put us 1-0 up and we lost 2-1

watching liverpool put 10 past us in a week, that was tough to t
ake, then alan ball came out with something like i enjoyed that !!!

I've been a fan since 1994. I've never had a "Thats it!" moment, but every one of the (many) home defeats in the Frank Clark season where we dropped into the third flight pushed me close (0-1 home to Bury, 0-1 home to Tranmere, 1-2 home to Oldham etc)

1 the appointment of john bond - cancelled my season ticket, never got another
2 signing rick holden

Never had enough but...

Sat with my son even at 2-2 against QPR thinking "Son, this is one of life's lessons" and at the same time thinking "If this year wasn't our chance, it might never come again".

And all I could think of... was "I just wanted my son to remember that he was with me the day City won the league" - so when the day comes when I'm no longer here he will always have that!

And now he will!

The only time that I had any doubts was after watching them play for a draw at home to Chesterfield in the 98/99 season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.