Monaco (a) pre-match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
MEN are reporting Falcao picked up and injury yesterday and is doubtful.

Yesterday's team but with Willy and Fernandinho instead of Bravo and KDB, but with Dinho in front of the back four and Yaya given a free role in midfield. Then bring on KDB in the second half for Yaya.
We tried that Yaya-Dinho combination against Stoke and it didn't really work, don't think Yaya has the legs to play further forward anymore. I'd play both but have Yaya in the pivot role and Dinho screening further forward, allowing Silva a bit more freedom to pick out runners.

No doubt they'll come flying out of the blocks throwing everything at us,
so if we can just hold them at bay for twenty minutes or so and let the game settle down,
we should be ok.

No doubt they'll come flying out of the blocks throwing everything at us,
so if we can just hold them at bay for twenty minutes or so and let the game settle down,
we should be ok.
They will and I hope we get the defence and midfield sitting back in a solid block and the front three ready to counter, if we get the first goal their self belief will start to crumble and we'll be one goal from burying the tie.

I wouldn't start Fernandinho. He is completely out of form at the minute. Our best bet is to keep them on the back foot by attacking so same side as yesterday but with Willy in for Bravo and Kolarov in for Otamendi.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.