Monaco - Post Match thread.

The MF set up was weak and played into their hands.....we gave them the initiative and they obliged

We set up better and played much better in the second half but we were always on the back foot

First half we seemed shell shocked at their quick start .....bizarre as that may seem and we were second to every ball, didn't win the 50/50, disorganised in defence, flat footed and lethargic

At the end of the day the best team won, but no excuses anymore.....we need a decent performance in the FA cup and a strong finish to the PL

Terrible game management from 2 goals ahead. That lies with the manager. The players were poor too so it's blame all around.

True - but don't forget we had something to protect out there tonight. I stand by the point that dropping Yaya was a ridiculous move by pep and i'm sure he regrets it - especially considering how poorly Fernandinho and KDB have been recently.

It really was a shit night, but as others have said this City side had no chance of winning the CL with the state of our defence. It needs sorting out big time.

I think Yaya had gone off the boil a little (which i think is understandable has he's played a lot lately) so i can understand why he played the team he did. I agree it was mistake to not bring him on though for either KDB or to push KDB wide and bring sterling off. Perhaps the way we improved in the second half tempted him to leave things as they were. So yeah, I'd agree a chance.ge should have been made but id still lay the blame with some of the players first.

Pathetic defending due to the team selection with one midfielder and one real center back.

If you play an attacking 1 3 1 5 formation and don't get a shot on target for the first hour it shows a massive tactical fuck.

Better luck next season without the Emperor's New Clothes manager.

I hope we drop out the top 4, no point being in a competition that we fail to perform in season after season and use the same excuse of "we're not experienced enough"....... Unless we want to be the next Arsenal and just partake in it whilst denting our chances of winning the title then so be it!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.