Monchengladbach post match (top of the group)

I hope Sterling's critics watched that game and digested it. What an combination for the 1st goal, and he's basically fired City to top the Champions League group and some said that at this level he wasn't good enough.

He's definitely reserved his best performances for the CL Marv.

Been fucking superb (despite missing a few sitters in both the Juve games).

I found it amazing in the build up to this game how many described it as a non event and a dead rubber when top place was there to be won.
Great second half performance.

Thanks Seville. May you draw the Rags in the Europa and hammer them.

He's definitely reserved his best performances for the CL Marv.

Been fucking superb (despite missing a few sitters in both the Juve games).
he likes that curling shot into the far corner. he tries it a lot. A performance like that, whether it was just moments as some say, or more - - either way it was the difference - shows we were right to buy him

The second half was very special....I could not quite believe how dominant we were as the half progressed. The last 10 mins and the three goals were amazing....and won't it be great to play the second leg at home in the last 16.

Fantastic RESULT, this is a big step for us in Champions League I think.
However, apart from the last 10 minutes where we finally just overwhelmed them, its hard to be completely satisfied with the PERFORMANCE.
That discussion is for another day though. Time to just be happy and celebrate the result.

Was thrilled to see Sterling step up and take the game on in an important moment as well. Thats a big step in his growth as a player.

Fantastic RESULT, this is a big step for us in Champions League I think.
However, apart from the last 10 minutes where we finally just overwhelmed them, its hard to be completely satisfied with the PERFORMANCE.
That discussion is for another day though. Time to just be happy and celebrate the result.

Was thrilled to see Sterling step up and take the game on in an important moment as well. Thats a big step in his growth as a player.
Not just the last 10 minutes. I feel we dominated them completely in the 2nd half.

Torn them to bits second half when navas came on, fair play to us for not giving in and being more direct towards the end

Hooray, Pellers finally changed something after a month of bellow par performances.
In the first half Borussia were slightly the better side but City had as many good chances as Borussia they took 2 out of 4 and we only took 1 of 4. The reason was that they got their fullbacks forward while ours sat deep and our central mids were too flat and this caused all sorts of problems with our defending. Fortunately 3 central mids (amazing Pellers does listen eventually) did the job and limited the damage. An interesting tactical switch too with Kolorov playing right back.
In the 2nd half though it was a different story. The City full backs pushed forward and YaYa pushed slightly forward creating a base triangle of 3 to build from and pretty soon it was clear that Borrusia were in trouble. Silva conducted the orchestra and wave after wave of City attacks destroyed the German team. Three great saves somehow kept them in the lead but they were spent and it was only a matter of time. Finally the dam broke with two rather well taken Sterling goals. Victorian side burns suit the lad!
MOTM for me was Silva - A great goal and he ran the show in the 2nd half like a Zen puppet master.
And to cap if off nicely Seville beat Juventus 1-0 and City finish top of the group of death with 12 points.
Bound to draw PSG in the next round of course - but there you go - but the 2nd leg will be at home.

If Pellers keeps the triangle of 3 in defensive midfield, then we will walk the League and go deep into this competition. Big if though...

Not just the last 10 minutes. I feel we dominated them completely in the 2nd half.

Agreed -- we were rampant and for a half hour it reminded me of the all-out attack in the 2H v. West Ham with nothing to show for it. But we came good, oh so good. And I'm a bit surprised about the reaction to the first half -- we scored, we had chances, got some corners and while the defending was ragged I thought their 2nd goal was fortuitous the way it careened directly to them off (I think) Otamendi. Really entertaining all the way through and made magical with Sevilla winning and Utd barfing.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.