Monchengladbach post match (top of the group)

If we had lost yesterday, i would have made a reply as to the reason why i think we would have lost. We won though, but maybe there is some point in discussing where things got a bit wrong the first 70 minutes.

When Borrusia dominated the better part of the match, i thought that their succes was due to decipline and a well worked out style of total football, whereas to me it looked that City had a bit too much balance on the offensive and somewhat lacking on the defensive. Borrusia was very dangerous with letting players come up from the back when they were in possesion which made it harder for the defense that it should be. I wasn't so much in the idea that our defensive players were failing rather than there was a bit of a lack of defensive strenght in the team.

Eventually though we made the difference with our bench and with flair. I wasn't conviced by Pellers his early setup but i must admit that he made it up by doing his subs well. As to winning on flair, we do have more quality on the field, we can expect to be stronger in this field but it shouldn't be a thing that makes up for bad tactical decissions.

Still, if Pellers can continue to do well in the Cl, i'm sure that fans will be able to forgive a less optimal performance i the PL. Admittingly City has an busy shedule and a lot of players in injury.

The work rate and tempo www incomparable to stoke. We were predictable working the left heavily but it's like watching another team. I we played like this every week I wouldn't care if we won or lost.

Even when we were losing in the first half it was clear as day that the work rate was good enough. Every player was at it..losing the ball..fighting to get it back, Yaya, De Bruyne..thats the City i want to see each week.

the ultimate game of two halves

i'm going to give credit to gladbach first half rather than knock city, some of their one touch football was superb
but second half it was like a shooting gallery at times when we took the game by the scruff of the neck, that's the standard

My god, what our team puts ya through is unbelievable.

Still a rollercoaster of emotions game in and game out. I love it. Munchengladbach were brilliant the 1st half, our defense looked all over the place again, and I just thought here we go again. Takes a lot of character in our squad after our recent performances, and that 1st half to come back out in the 2nd half and dominate the way we did. And then BOOM - we top the group hahaha. Brilliant - SUPER CITY!!!!! Pellegrini looked lost during Stoke, but have to give him credit when its due, as he must have shaken the players quite literally at half time.

Now we can focus on the League for rest of this month and hopefully get a foothold. Big games against Arsenal and Leicester among others.

CTID!!!!

Great spectacle to watch last night and a great result all round with the Rags playing far flung Eastern European games on Thursdays :)

Not going to single anyone out in the team (inc Pellers) as collectively they were brilliant and showed great character after going behind.

I do though want to mention Yaya. Not sure if it was just me, but he looked to be a leader last night, constantly geeing up the lads and at one point laying into (I think it was Gael) for something. Great to see him play well and captain the side properly.

i wasnt able to watch the first half due to the wife hogging the tv so i had to "watch" it via our match day thread.....wow......i almost didnt watch the second half after reading some of the comments on it!
bloody glad i did now!
An amazing second half performance.
Well done lads!

My god, what our team puts yaya through is unbelievable.

Still a rollercoaster of emotions game in and game out. I love it. Munchengladbach were brilliant the 1st half, our defense looked all over the place again, and I just thought here we go again. Takes a lot of character in our squad after our recent performances, and that 1st half to come back out in the 2nd half and dominate the way we did. And then BOOM - we top the group hahaha. Brilliant - SUPER CITY!!!!! Pellegrini looked lost during Stoke, but have to give him credit when its due, as he must have shaken the players quite literally at half time.

Now we can focus on the League for rest of this month and hopefully get a foothold. Big games against Arsenal and Leicester among others.

CTID!!!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.