Monchengladbach post match (top of the group)

I do though want to mention Yaya. Not sure if it was just me, but he looked to be a leader last night, constantly geeing up the lads and at one point laying into (I think it was Gael) for something. Great to see him play well and captain the side properly.

Maybe it's time Pellers start to manage gametime to get the best out of Yaya. Something like starting 3 matches in 2 weeks or so.

i wasnt able to watch the first half due to the wife hogging the tv so i had to "watch" it via our match day thread.....wow......i almost didnt watch the second half after reading some of the comments on it!
bloody glad i did now!
An amazing second half performance.
Well done lads!
Ha ha ha WTF you a man or a mouse, fuckin soaps or City............

I found it amazing in the build up to this game how many described it as a non event and a dead rubber when top place was there to be won.
Great second half performance.
I am one of those and I stand over it. To me it is a competition that we should aspire to winning in the future but right now we are not serious contenders. I repeat what I said last week that I would have traded winning this group for three points at Stoke. If in May we come up two points short I suggest you will feel exactly the same

I am one of those and I stand over it. To me it is a competition that we should aspire to winning in the future but right now we are not serious contenders. I repeat what I said last week that I would have traded winning this group for three points at Stoke. If in May we come up two points short I suggest you will feel exactly the same

Embrace the Champions League would you and get behind the team. We want to be as successful as possible and go as far in this competition as we can.

Regardless, if we ain't 'serious' contenders we should be behind our squad all the way. The best teams do well in both league and Champions League. We don't have to pick one or the other fs

I am one of those and I stand over it. To me it is a competition that we should aspire to winning in the future but right now we are not serious contenders.
Chelsea weren't serious contenders the year they won it, Juve weren't last year but got to the final. Our owner wants to win it, and/or get as far as we can in it, every year, so its time some of our so called supporters did the same.

We probably won't win it this year, but MP "managing" the squad to be able to top the group last night/last weekend won't on its own cost us the league in May, any more than a 0-0 draw at Old Trafford will. The league is done over 38 games, and so far we have only played 15, and we're just 3 points behind, whilst in the midst of an injury crisis.

Its time to drop the "we're doomed" negative attitude, and get behind the manager and the players, last night was the perfect time to turn it round and support both.

Chelsea weren't serious contenders the year they won it, Juve weren't last year but got to the final. Our owner wants to win it, and/or get as far as we can in it, every year, so its time some of our so called supporters did the same.

We probably won't win it this year, but MP "managing" the squad to be able to top the group last night/last weekend won't on its own cost us the league in May, any more than a 0-0 draw at Old Trafford will. The league is done over 38 games, and so far we have only played 15, and we're just 3 points behind, whilst in the midst of an injury crisis.

Its time to drop the "we're doomed" negative attitude, and get behind the manager and the players, last night was the perfect time to turn it round and support both.

Hallelujah brother!

You are quite right regarding the prestige that comes along with CL success for the owners, management and players. It's fair to say that we have finally 'arrived' in the CL and need to keep that going every season, not least because we are beginning to overshadow our domestic competitors. I'm sure that Ferran is looking forward to his Monday soiree.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.