Money changes everything....

Although I agree with the majority of what the OP is saying in that our fans are a whinging bunch of bastards at times. What he has to realise is that probably less than 1% of the match going fans actually post on here. Of that 1% there are some on here who like to shout the loudest, who constantly reinforce their belief that the manager is shit, the players are shit and the coaches know fuck all about football. They only appear after a bad game (of which there are more and more) and vent without actually adding any kind of solutions. They know much more about football than Mancini because they have been going to City since the 70's and so obviously they have seen at first hand what it takes to win trophys and be a successful team (insert sarcastic smiley here). They ignore the fact that these shit performances have got us to the quarter final of the FA cup, 3rd in the league and one game away from the quarters of the UEFA. They don't give a fuck that Mancini has been a winner for the whole of his long career because clearly he is clueless because he doesnt play gung ho attacking football with the defence belting the ball forward to Craig Bellamy (the superstar thats tearing it up in the championship) to run on to.

I dont think anyone minds critisicm so long as its constructive but the noisy negatives dont actually give their opinion on what could be done to change things they are just relentless in their little digs that they give out and as soon as they are questioned on it they become holier than tho and embark on a crusade to let everyone know that they are entitled to their opinions and this is a free forum yada yada yada. To me these are the real attention seekers and people challenging them constantly just adds fuel to their fire. They are the annoying bloke that sits a few rows behind all of us at the match and slags everyone and everything.

To touch on what someone else brought up, the internet is anonymous, I could be a 15 year old who can google the whole history of City and tell you that I'd been to every game since 1960 and you would know no difference. I suspect that is what happens here a lot. I also suspect the use of multiple usernames and IP masks is far more widespread than anyone thinks or the mods let on.

bluemanhatton said:
Although I agree with the majority of what the OP is saying in that our fans are a whinging bunch of bastards at times. What he has to realise is that probably less than 1% of the match going fans actually post on here. Of that 1% there are some on here who like to shout the loudest, who constantly reinforce their belief that the manager is shit, the players are shit and the coaches know fuck all about football. They only appear after a bad game (of which there are more and more) and vent without actually adding any kind of solutions. They know much more about football than Mancini because they have been going to City since the 70's and so obviously they have seen at first hand what it takes to win trophys and be a successful team (insert sarcastic smiley here). They ignore the fact that these shit performances have got us to the quarter final of the FA cup, 3rd in the league and one game away from the quarters of the UEFA. They don't give a fuck that Mancini has been a winner for the whole of his long career because clearly he is clueless because he doesnt play gung ho attacking football with the defence belting the ball forward to Craig Bellamy (the superstar thats tearing it up in the championship) to run on to.

I dont think anyone minds critisicm so long as its constructive but the noisy negatives dont actually give their opinion on what could be done to change things they are just relentless in their little digs that they give out and as soon as they are questioned on it they become holier than tho and embark on a crusade to let everyone know that they are entitled to their opinions and this is a free forum yada yada yada. To me these are the real attention seekers and people challenging them constantly just adds fuel to their fire. They are the annoying bloke that sits a few rows behind all of us at the match and slags everyone and everything.

To touch on what someone else brought up, the internet is anonymous, I could be a 15 year old who can google the whole history of City and tell you that I'd been to every game since 1960 and you would know no difference. I suspect that is what happens here a lot. I also suspect the use of multiple usernames and IP masks is far more widespread than anyone thinks or the mods let on.

So, to sum that up, less than 1% of posters on here actually go to the match and more than 99% of match going blues are right behind the manager?

Can you back that assumption up with any facts by any chance?

GStar said:
seinfeld.gif

Hahaha

tumblr_lhtchcodZb1qazkdco1_500.gif

danburge82 said:
didactic said:
In a period of four years we have gone from being the most loyal, faithful supporters in the country to worse than our scummy neighbours. Everything about every other team supporter that we hated me have now adapted, we moan, whinge and insult our own players, our manager and every single loss. We have become the worst set of supporters which is why everyone is praying for our downfall and celebrating our every loss.

To those that still remember the days when we stood together and backed the team through rain, sleet or snow I apologise. To those that have let the money get to their heads and become the annoying assholes who most think all City supporters are now, take a good look at yourselves.

I am going to have a drink.

I said in that thread about being controversial that I hate many of my fellow City fans and think as a set if fans we're fucking shit. I stand by that statement!

I disagree, we have a fantastic loyal following, the only problem is sometimes they dont know how to show there emotions so even though they are moaning they just want the best for the team. Every other teams fans usually have good opinions of city fans and 90% of city fans I've had a beer with are top people. I just think you hold a high opinion of yourself and think your better than most city fans

there is absolutely nothing wrong with criticising that performance last night...it just wasnt very good at all

we all know that the club as a whole is going in the right direction and i reckon every city fan that sees what is going on with the club as a whole are extremely happy about it.

Some of the recent performances have gone backwards however.

After the utd game i came on here and supported RM....we dominated them and that rarely happens at OT.

However one of my origional criticisms of RM remains...he has no idea of how to play any other way thatn the one way he does play. The way we play is fine when we have the right personnel to do it as in the utd game (though you could argue we didnt have balo on the pitch which may have helped or hindered....im not sure which)....but like last night.....the 3 in midfied we just never going to create anything...we are playing either zabba or kolorov (who are both fullbacks really) in midfield...sqaure pegs in round holes...both good players but out of position..the midfield was so so slow and pedestrian it was awful...yaya looks dead on his legs and his work rate off the ball isnt good enough....and barry looks like he is runnign through treacle!

he needs to be able to adapt his (attacking) tactics to different game...we all know dzeko cannt play like tev (with the suply line coming through the middle)...he needs wingers....yet he leaves swp on the bench (though he may have been injured) and we have no AJ.....consequently the only way of providing width is through Micah on the right (who is getting better at it) and kolorov ont he left....and he has yet to show what he is cappable of there consistantly.
RM failed to strenghten the squad where needed in january..he bought a striker who needs wingers yet we only had AJ at the time (and he was only playing bit parts anyway)....we have no other wide men besides swp (and RM seems adverse to playing him on a regualr basis)....and dzeko seems to be being asked to play all along the front line..which he clrearly isnt capable of doing (and that is no criticism of dzeko)

blueinsa said:
bluemanhatton said:

So, to sum that up, less than 1% of posters on here actually go to the match and more than 99% of match going blues are right behind the manager?

I can't see where he says 99% are behind him?

One things for sure, he gets more vocal support at games than any manager we've had for years.

sweep said:
blueinsa said:

One things for sure, he gets more vocal support at games than any manager we've had for years.

bollocks mate, sven and keegan were adored

bluemanhatton said:

So basically, people you would move away from if sat at a bar with them?
I would too.

bluemanhatton said:

Well said, I agree 100% and you understood the point I was making.

applause.gif

Mad Mario said:
sweep said:

bollocks mate, sven and keegan were adored
Still didn't get their names sung as often or by as many, maybe Keegan at a push but often half arsed and in short little bursts. Mancini's song has become a staple this season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.