Money Saving Tips Thread

MCC said:
Stick a baguette up your arse and save money on nutella.

Alternatively put nutella on your cock get next door dog to lick it off hey presto you get sexual relief with the added bonus that the little **** won't be barking at 3.00am

Shop around financial services; it doesn't pay to be loyal to banks (this includes loans, bank accounts etc). Banks offer great deals to new customers, less so for existing customers.

Stay away from debt consolidation firms. Recent Lloyds research on this market was very damning (incidents where a consumer was paying £400/month to a debt management company thinkint this was a small repayment - reality is they were paying $300/month in fees)

Also shop around utility companies, try not to be fixed with one supplier for ease.

Doing the above also creates more competition in the market and forces insitutions to offer better deals etc.

simple household saving tips:

Displace the water in your toilets cistern, this limits the amount of water wasted when you flush.

I'm a big believer in putting on a jumper than turning the heating on. My old man works in renewable energy; a survey was done in china and the younger generations carbon footprint was much bigger. When cold, they had the heating on full blast, the older generation put more clothes on.

About a year ago I stopped buying my lunch at work, and instead started taking my own, its staggering how much money you can save this way

roaminblue said:
Shop around financial services; it doesn't pay to be loyal to banks (this includes loans, bank accounts etc). Banks offer great deals to new customers, less so for existing customers.

Stay away from debt consolidation firms. Recent Lloyds research on this market was very damning (incidents where a consumer was paying £400/month to a debt management company thinkint this was a small repayment - reality is they were paying $300/month in fees)

Also shop around utility companies, try not to be fixed with one supplier for ease.

Doing the above also creates more competition in the market and forces insitutions to offer better deals etc.

simple household saving tips:

Displace the water in your toilets cistern, this limits the amount of water wasted when you flush.

I'm a big believer in putting on a jumper than turning the heating on. My old man works in renewable energy; a survey was done in china and the younger generations carbon footprint was much bigger. When cold, they had the heating on full blast, the older generation put more clothes on.

About a year ago I stopped buying my lunch at work, and instead started taking my own, its staggering how much money you can save this way

LOL

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.