Moral Victory

TheBigPlastic said:
United have taken a gamble by playing an aged and injury prone Ferdinand as they did all they can to keep City at bay.

City played a young lad with years of top football ahead of him and he didnt let us down.

United look old and tired and even though they came out on top it was by the narrowest of margins possible and at as late a moment as possible.

Boyata was lost mate, Vince bailed him out god knows how many times!

I am sure we will see many things the same way but I see the partnership of Boyata and Kompany as solid enough against one of the best teams in the Prem'

Boyata did very little wrong and when he did his defensive partner was there (Kompany was awesome as well BTW) to plug the gap.

Considering what has been spent on certain players I cannot praise the 'makeshift' partnership highly enough.

They are emblematic of CIty's future, not perfect but boy are they gonna be great.

Gary James said:
To me, today hurts, but the future is an awful lot better than it felt when Blackburn knocked us out of the Cup in the qtr final a few years back. We are going somewhere. We will find success. For the first proper time in years I feel that.

Compliments to liamcitd:
2aeyu4m.jpg

I know we could go on looking for positives and so on, but one point I forgot to mention is that it must have taken some courage for Adebayor to even walk on to the pitch last night after everything he's been through in the last few weeks.

Similarly, a lot was said earlier this week about the 'dignity' of certain players, most notably those at utd, but the truth is that our players acted in a dignified way last night. As did the Club - isn't ironic that City received all that criticism for having a poster saying "welcome to Manchester" with our new signing on it yet utd obviously support the constant placing of that 33/34 year banner? That banner (or at least one that has been updated each year for the last 16 years or so) is disrespectful yet according to some saying "Welcome To Manchester" is actually disrespectful.

As I said earlier, morally we're winning.

Thinking specifically about last night's result.... First utd did all they could to ensure they selected their strongest possible squad. They even appealed against rio's obvious and deserved punishment just so that he could play against City. That means this was a game utd HAD to win and I would say they needed to win more than us in the end (though again it doesn't feel like that at the moment).

I have a rag mate who `prides` himself on being quite knowledgeable, last night he claimed they were through to the CC final AND top of the league, totally oblivious to the fact Chelsea were playing last night, just shows where all heir attention was last night, from the top of the club right down to the plastics, they`re genuinely very very worried.

It is strange but I think we will have less bad moments than the previous 30 years but they may actually hurt more.
It will hurt more to lose a semi or a final tthan it would a 3rd round tie.
We will face the rags more frequently in these comps and I am sure sometimes lose but I wouldn't swap it. It is our future and it's blue.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.