Morbidly Obese (and proud to be)

When I was diagnosed with diabetes I had to attend a lecture at the clinic from the diabetes nurse. She told me that for my height i was morbidly obese. She then went onto say I needed to do more exercise. The look on her face when I told her I reffed about 5 games a week & last time I had a health check by the FA I had 12% body fat.
This nurse must have been 20 stone and since has lost a leg to diabetes................
My mother used to tell us a story of her childhood about a girl in her street who would follow the wee guy who lit the gaslights in closes. He had a limp and she would mimick his walk whilst shouting Limpy Dan.

a few years later she got run over by a car and you guessed it, she had a limp.

I don’t know if it was true or she was using the story to teach us not to mock people.

It worked.

My mother used to tell us a story of her childhood about a girl in her street who would follow the wee guy who lit the gaslights in closes. He had a limp and she would mimick his walk whilst shouting Limpy Dan.

I don’t know if it was true or she was using the story to teach us not to mock people.

It worked.
Great story young MagicP.

It worked.

Was she run over by disabled person's car?

For balance, would you tell a stick thin person to eat something?
Are you kidding?
Was subjected to loads of comments like that when I was young.
Also----"aren't you THIN???!!!"
Did my bloody head in. So rude and personal!
I was perfectly healthy, just that my "build" was what it was.

It worked.
Think yer ma may have been gaslighting you MP.

It worked.
I thought you were going to say Limpy Dan was driving!

It worked.
At least he wasn’t called Dick

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.