More changes at City (Gary James has left)

Uwe Rosler's Grandad

Gary James, City's historian and author in his own right...resigned a few weeks ago and left last Thursday. I don't know the detail or the reasons why...but he has moved on...I presume to concentrate on his books etc.

He's a great lad and comes on here, so I'm sure he'll let us know his plans in due course.

I suspect ADUG are trying the new broom approach, had a text about a new admin team being appointed today. A decent press office wouldn't go amiss either.....

Good Luck to Gary and any future projects he has.

Aw thats a right shame, he came across as a decent bloke from the contact I've had with him. He's a member on here, so he may well insight us all as to the reasons...or tells us its bullshit haha.

His email is gary.james@mcfc.co.uk - assuming he can still access the .mcfc.co.uk account if he's no longer there. I hope that's not a problem posting that, as I found it through a Google search a while back, and its probally on the official site.

I want to wish him good luck in the future, whatever he's doing...all the best Gary.

A lot has been written on Bluemoon about the early history of the Club, so I thought I'd give everyone a bit of notice that on Saturday 21st March at 10.30 I'll be talking at Manchester Town Hall on the early history of football.

The talk will focus on the stories of when football was banned in Manchester (for being too rowdy); City's initial formation as St. Mark's; Manchester's (and City's) first major success (1904); the development of the game in the city; and the arrival of an alternative MCFC - Manchester Central. The talk will also cover Utd's move to OT and will take the game from its beginnings through to the late 1930s.

Tickets are totally free but must be ordered in advance to guarantee a seat. For more info check out the news section of <a class="postlink" href="http://www.manchesterfootball.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">www.manchesterfootball.org</a>

Cheers,

Gary
He posted this the other day.

Thanks for the positive comments. It's a bit odd seeing my name as a forum item.

It is true that after 6 years 8 months at City (during which I created the award winning museum & tour, the Hall of Fame, and various other heritage based projects) I resigned from City just over two weeks ago and left last Thursday. I wanted to do everything in a proper manner and wanted to keep news of this under control until everything was formally sorted, so for those that know me - sorry for not telling you sooner.

I am determined I won't be one of those guys who leaks out information so please don't expect me to explain why I felt it was time to take a break.

I have enjoyed working at City and will obviously continue to support the Club and its owners (I have been fortunate enough to meet a couple of the new Abu Dhabi based leaders of the Club including Khaldoon our Chairman and I have to say that he does appear to be a very honest, respectable man and someone I would want to work for). I obviously deeply care about City and want to ensure our history is given the respect it deserves.

I will continue to research & write about the game etc. after all that’s what I've done since the 1980s, many years before I arrived at the Club.

I am still passionate about City; still care about the people working there; still want to make City the world leading club (while remembering its roots); still believe that the museum and City's heritage as a whole needs promoting to ensure people understand what this Club truly is - was and can be again; and so on. I believe I still have much to offer the Club and would dearly love to play an active and fulfilling role in the future.

I would love to use my skills to help the Club become great again. However, for my own personal well-being it is essential I take a break from my current role for the time being.

Obviously, I will still be doing my best to make sure everyone understands the power and strength of MCFC and that our history is given the respect it deserves. Part of that takes place on 21st March (10.30 am) when I will be talking at the Manchester Histories Festival (see my publisher's website <a class="postlink" href="http://www.manchesterfootball.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.manchesterfootball.org</a>). That talk will cover the growth of the game within the city and will inevitably focus on City. Tickets are totally free but do need to be booked. It would be good to see as many Blues there as possible.

Once again, thanks for your help and support. Sorry if this is a shock.

Hope this says enough. For anyone wondering, I wasn't 'swept out' of the place. I haven't left for a different role elsewhere, or because I've got other irons in the fire. I do not have any paid work/employment lined up. Also, my mcfc email does no longer get to me.

I will be trying to gather my thoughts over the next few weeks.

Thanks for your support.

Gary James said:
Thanks for the positive comments. It's a bit odd seeing my name as a forum item.

It is true that after 6 years 8 months at City (during which I created the award winning museum & tour, the Hall of Fame, and various other heritage based projects) I resigned from City just over two weeks ago and left last Thursday. I wanted to do everything in a proper manner and wanted to keep news of this under control until everything was formally sorted, so for those that know me - sorry for not telling you sooner.

I am determined I won't be one of those guys who leaks out information so please don't expect me to explain why I felt it was time to take a break.

I have enjoyed working at City and will obviously continue to support the Club and its owners (I have been fortunate enough to meet a couple of the new Abu Dhabi based leaders of the Club including Khaldoon our Chairman and I have to say that he does appear to be a very honest, respectable man and someone I would want to work for). I obviously deeply care about City and want to ensure our history is given the respect it deserves.

I will continue to research & write about the game etc. after all that’s what I've done since the 1980s, many years before I arrived at the Club.

I am still passionate about City; still care about the people working there; still want to make City the world leading club (while remembering its roots); still believe that the museum and City's heritage as a whole needs promoting to ensure people understand what this Club truly is - was and can be again; and so on. I believe I still have much to offer the Club and would dearly love to play an active and fulfilling role in the future.

I would love to use my skills to help the Club become great again. However, for my own personal well-being it is essential I take a break from my current role for the time being.

Obviously, I will still be doing my best to make sure everyone understands the power and strength of MCFC and that our history is given the respect it deserves. Part of that takes place on 21st March (10.30 am) when I will be talking at the Manchester Histories Festival (see my publisher's website <a class="postlink" href="http://www.manchesterfootball.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.manchesterfootball.org</a>). That talk will cover the growth of the game within the city and will inevitably focus on City. Tickets are totally free but do need to be booked. It would be good to see as many Blues there as possible.

Once again, thanks for your help and support. Sorry if this is a shock.

Hope this says enough. For anyone wondering, I wasn't 'swept out' of the place. I haven't left for a different role elsewhere, or because I've got other irons in the fire. I do not have any paid work/employment lined up. Also, my mcfc email does no longer get to me.

I will be trying to gather my thoughts over the next few weeks.

Thanks for your support.

You're a top man Gary, I hope that you find what you're looking for and I wish you a successful and happy future.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.