More changes at City (Gary James has left)

Uwe Rosler's Grandad said:
Gary James said:
Thanks for the positive comments. It's a bit odd seeing my name as a forum item.

It is true that after 6 years 8 months at City (during which I created the award winning museum & tour, the Hall of Fame, and various other heritage based projects) I resigned from City just over two weeks ago and left last Thursday. I wanted to do everything in a proper manner and wanted to keep news of this under control until everything was formally sorted, so for those that know me - sorry for not telling you sooner.

I am determined I won't be one of those guys who leaks out information so please don't expect me to explain why I felt it was time to take a break.

I have enjoyed working at City and will obviously continue to support the Club and its owners (I have been fortunate enough to meet a couple of the new Abu Dhabi based leaders of the Club including Khaldoon our Chairman and I have to say that he does appear to be a very honest, respectable man and someone I would want to work for). I obviously deeply care about City and want to ensure our history is given the respect it deserves.

I will continue to research & write about the game etc. after all that’s what I've done since the 1980s, many years before I arrived at the Club.

I am still passionate about City; still care about the people working there; still want to make City the world leading club (while remembering its roots); still believe that the museum and City's heritage as a whole needs promoting to ensure people understand what this Club truly is - was and can be again; and so on. I believe I still have much to offer the Club and would dearly love to play an active and fulfilling role in the future.

I would love to use my skills to help the Club become great again. However, for my own personal well-being it is essential I take a break from my current role for the time being.

Obviously, I will still be doing my best to make sure everyone understands the power and strength of MCFC and that our history is given the respect it deserves. Part of that takes place on 21st March (10.30 am) when I will be talking at the Manchester Histories Festival (see my publisher's website <a class="postlink" href="http://www.manchesterfootball.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.manchesterfootball.org</a>). That talk will cover the growth of the game within the city and will inevitably focus on City. Tickets are totally free but do need to be booked. It would be good to see as many Blues there as possible.

Once again, thanks for your help and support. Sorry if this is a shock.

Hope this says enough. For anyone wondering, I wasn't 'swept out' of the place. I haven't left for a different role elsewhere, or because I've got other irons in the fire. I do not have any paid work/employment lined up. Also, my mcfc email does no longer get to me.

I will be trying to gather my thoughts over the next few weeks.

Thanks for your support.

You're a top man Gary, I hope that you find what you're looking for and I wish you a successful and happy future.

^^
Same here

Halfway thru the manchester football History book ... great piece of work for all greater manchester Football fans. Hope you keep up the writing.

Thanks for the positive comments. I very much appreciate the support I have received from fans; the football museum community; former players; Manchester tourism officials; and I've even had an email from a director of another major football club (outside of Greater Manchester) which was very supportive. So thanks again.

It took a lot of soul searching for me to leave, particularly in the current economic climate.

Re the comment about Mark Kennedy's excellent mosaics - yes. Mark has been working off on and on with me since I arrived at the Club in 2002 and he has created some fantastic City related mosaics for the museum/Club. I am very proud of his work and the steps we took to ensure they were created. His mosaics for City include the 2 excellent Joe Mercer mosaics; the reconstructed Maine Rd mosaic in the memorial garden; & 2 of recent managers (Sven & Stuart - no longer on display).

This news really disappoints me.

People like Gary are the heart and soul of MCFC.

Some club employee is driving Gary out here. I know he won't say and it will never come to light.

But if some Johnny Come Lately like Cook or Aldridge is behaving like a twat, I am really disappointed.

Didsbury Dave said:

Some club employee is driving Gary out here. I know he won't say and it will never come to light.

But if some Johnny Come Lately like Cook or Aldridge is behaving like a twat, I am really disappointed.

You know what. This kind of post really pisses me off.

Firstly, if Gary has chosen to keep his own council, then why on earth are you taking this opportunity to do someone who works for the club down.

Secondly, if you know FOR A FACT that he's been driven out, then have the fucking nutsack to name names.

And thirdly, if he has been "driven out by some Jonny Come Lately" - well, it's a shame. A real shame. But we will NEVER be privy to the inner workings of MCFC, so lets trust the people running the club to know what they are doing.

Sentiment, for the sake of sentiment, is one of my pet hates...

BillyShears said:
Didsbury Dave said:

Firstly, if Gary has chosen to keep his own council, then why on earth are you taking this opportunity to do someone who works for the club down.

Secondly, if you know FOR A FACT that he's been driven out, then have the fucking nutsack to name names.

And thirdly, if he has been "driven out by some Jonny Come Lately" - well, it's a shame. A real shame. But we will NEVER be privy to the inner workings of MCFC, so lets trust the people running the club to know what they are doing.

Frankly this kind of post pisses me off. Clearly Gazza did not really want to leave City but is too much of a gentleman to point fingers at the upstarts responsible for his departure. Good luck with your talk later this month. Any time you are in Dubai, I will certainly buy you a pint.

lionheart said:
BillyShears said:
Didsbury Dave said:

Frankly this kind of post pisses me off. Clearly Gazza did not really want to leave City but is too much of a gentleman to point fingers at the upstarts responsible for his departure. Good luck with your talk later this month. Any time you are in Dubai, I will certainly buy you a pint.

This board has become a haven for bullshit, lies, and innuendo about MCFC.

If Gary chooses to keep his own council then I respect that.

If people want to speculate about him being run out of the club.

Then I'm going to comment on it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.