More Nonsense From The Ethical Club Up The Road

Gill said: ‘We’re not in the market for 27, 28 or 29-year-olds for loads of money

what a load of bollox. Berbaflop is 28!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks again Dyed Petya for your insightful comments.

I think Gill does have an understanding of where City are coming from but this article, and a whole host of others over the past couple of weeks, is more about rubbishing City at the moment because of the fall out of the Tevez signing and the subsequent ad campaign. I also think its trying to pacify their own fans about why they haven't spent anywhere near as much as City.
It would be a bitter pill to swallow for scum fans to see little old City outspend them so greatly and so Gill is trying to provide them with a comfort blanket. You hear them trot out the excuses on their boards a couple of days later when their brains have assimilated it.
The more astute scum fans know there is a problem. Where has the Ronaldo money gone? How come after a successful 07-08 campaign, with record turn-over, they still didn't reduce the debt?
It's easier to take a swipe at us, with the press in scum's back pocket help, than to answer the real questions.

Anybody thought how UEFA will stop sponsership?

All the money will then come from an ADUG sponserhip deal. UEFA cant stop this as the sposor will win in court everyday of the week.

squirtyflower said:
Thanks again Dyed Petya for your insightful comments.

I think Gill does have an understanding of where City are coming from but this article, and a whole host of others over the past couple of weeks, is more about rubbishing City at the moment because of the fall out of the Tevez signing and the subsequent ad campaign. I also think its trying to pacify their own fans about why they haven't spent anywhere near as much as City.
It would be a bitter pill to swallow for scum fans to see little old City outspend them so greatly and so Gill is trying to provide them with a comfort blanket. You hear them trot out the excuses on their boards a couple of days later when their brains have assimilated it.
The more astute scum fans know there is a problem. Where has the Ronaldo money gone? How come after a successful 07-08 campaign, with record turn-over, they still didn't reduce the debt?
It's easier to take a swipe at us, with the press in scum's back pocket help, than to answer the real questions.

ACtually, you're probably right: I'm sure that, privately, he's more aware than I've give him credit for, and is publicly dismissive for other reasons. The football world in general, though, hasn't caught on yet.

It isn't long before the intellectually corrupt and the hypocrites resort to establishing themselves on the moral high ground. Gill and other politicians like him operate solely on the short term. They are masters of what can I get out of this situation for little old me. They are the football equivalent of bank bosses with massive unearned bonuses who rebut any argument by ignoring simple facts and concrete evidence BUT he forgets one thing which similarly minded oafs like him always forget - that other people have a medium and long term memory. Ignore the evidence of the plank in your own eye, Gill, but the rest of us see it plainly enough.

Re:

Dyed Petya said:
ACtually, you're probably right: I'm sure that, privately, he's more aware than I've give him credit for, and is publicly dismissive for other reasons. The football world in general, though, hasn't caught on yet.

I find the topic of Cook's skill in negotiating high image rights an interesting one, and you are right, something the football world has not exploited as much as the US sports stars. However I really don't think our press is yet up to the task of analysis and reason debate in sport and so wallow in the far simpler task of slinging mud, knowing that eventually some will stick.
Dave Ewing's Back 'eader said:
It isn't long before the intellectually corrupt and the hypocrites resort to establishing themselves on the moral high ground. Gill and other politicians like him operate solely on the short term. They are masters of what can I get out of this situation for little old me. They are the football equivalent of bank bosses with massive unearned bonuses who rebut any argument by ignoring simple facts and concrete evidence BUT he forgets one thing which similarly minded oafs like him always forget - that other people have a medium and long term memory. Ignore the evidence of the plank in your own eye, Gill, but the rest of us see it plainly enough.
I agree with what you are saying except the people having medium and long memories. Unfortunately I don't think this is the case for a lot of football fans, especially the fanatical arm chair/daytripper type. They will take all of this clap trap in and be spouting it at us until the latest Big Brother winner is announced.

they are getting worried ....my now paranoid rag friend says i ve been gloating the last fortnight. why i cant deny the excitement i m quietly confident that if we have a good start we can hold a definite top six finish. i see chel,pool and utd shooting off into the lead. you could flick a coin on the gunners(top 4 finish),if they dont do well this season they ll have to crumble(as a squad). i dont want to get my expectations up but we are not that far behind the top 4(everton,villa,west ham,spurs and fulham are in the same boat too) personally i love to see some team break the top 4-good luck lads

mrksdawn19 said:
Gill said: ‘We’re not in the market for 27, 28 or 29-year-olds for loads of money

what a load of bollox. Berbaflop is 28!!!!!!!!!!!

owen 29 !

the man is a tool !

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.