More Telegraph propaganda

Pigeonho said:
Sadly we only have to look at the 36 trophies taggart has won to show the wait and see approach, works.

We only have to see where Middlesbrough are in the league to see that it only works if you have the right man in charge.

I was not comparing us to Barca. Just pointing out that were we to get rid of Hughes no-one would raise an eyebrow. Sackings happen in football.

This persevering with Hughes thing is based on a fallacy that he is Ferguson, Wenger etc in disguise.

He has shown me nothing and I'm still waiting to hear what he has shown you that he is any better than Allardyce, Curbishley. Bruce. He did an admirable job at B'burn just like Bruce did at Wigan and Big Sam at Bolton and pehaps given their slide most impressively what Curbs did at Charlton for so many years.

However would a top four club touch any of these with a barge pole? No.

moomba said:
Pigeonho said:
Sadly we only have to look at the 36 trophies taggart has won to show the wait and see approach, works.

We only have to see where Middlesbrough are in the league to see that it only works if you have the right man in charge.

Luckily for us we have the players which should ensure we won't have to get where Middlesbrough had to get to befre they realised Southgate wasn't the man for the job. History suggests all teams go through a loss of form/slump. If losing one match all season, (the best record in the league), so far is our slump, well I for one will be happy. History also suggests after that slump a team can go and win 4 or 5 on the bounce, with a couple of draws to boot. If we do that, and push on from where we are now in the league, well then we will be exactly where we want to be come end of January. Hughes hasn't been allowed to prevail or fail yet, as this is his first season with his full squad as he wanted it, and we are still in a good position to push on, so any comparison with Southgate and Middlesbrough is quite frankly a nonsense.

robbieh said:
I was not comparing us to Barca. Just pointing out that were we to get rid of Hughes no-one would raise an eyebrow. Sackings happen in football.

This persevering with Hughes thing is based on a fallacy that he is Ferguson, Wenger etc in disguise.

He has shown me nothing and I'm still waiting to hear what he has shown you that he is any better than Allardyce, Curbishley. Bruce. He did an admirable job at B'burn just like Bruce did at Wigan and Big Sam at Bolton and pehaps given their slide most impressively what Curbs did at Charlton for so many years.

Exactly

robbieh said:

I don't for one minute think he is taggart or Wenger in disguise, I do however think he needs to be given time to determine if he can become a manager of such a calibre. 3 months into his first full season with HIS squad, 3 points off 4th, a game in hand and with a strong possibility of being in the semi's of the league cup.... I fail to see what he has done wrong, other than see his NEWLY formed team go through a slump, a slump I might add which STILL only shows 1 loss all season.

Pigeonho said:
robbieh said:

I fail to see what he has done wrong,

Me 2, Burnley and Hull at home were great results
ffs

Pigeonho said:
Luckily for us we have the players which should ensure we won't have to get where Middlesbrough had to get to befre they realised Southgate wasn't the man for the job. History suggests all teams go through a loss of form/slump. If losing one match all season, (the best record in the league), so far is our slump, well I for one will be happy. History also suggests after that slump a team can go and win 4 or 5 on the bounce, with a couple of draws to boot. If we do that, and push on from where we are now in the league, well then we will be exactly where we want to be come end of January. Hughes hasn't been allowed to prevail or fail yet, as this is his first season with his full squad as he wanted it, and we are still in a good position to push on, so any comparison with Southgate and Middlesbrough is quite frankly a nonsense.

Great shout mate.

Most teams go through a slump. People expect it. Arsenal look like they may be hitting one now, and everyone know when its going too happen, just when and for how long. Lets hope the big games against arsenal and chelsea will see some of our players get themselves out of this rut.

Pigeonho said:
robbieh said:
Hughes has already had two summer transfer windows and a January one. Admittedly the first was a bit hurried but he was still able to add Kompany, SWP, Zabaleta, Jo and Robinho and TBH

In total well over 200 million and a team that appears to be going backwards. And Pigeonho you want him to have 3 more transfer windows, at least.

Where on earth do you get your faith in MH? What has he done to persuade you he is the right man for the job? I would be interested to know. I am not denying that there is a possibility however small that he will turn out to be a managerial great but it's very risky to take the wait and see approach.

Because mark my words if Hughes spends 400 million and we have nothing to show for it in two years not only will we be laughed at around the world but we will also be damaged goods and the owners may say enough is enough.

Frankly a much safer option is to jettison him as soon as possible and get someone who we know can do a job with top class players, not someone we hope can do it.

And to all who say that sacking a manager will discredit the club etc Have you not noticed this happens all the time? It hasn't stopped Barca and Chelsea succedding. No-one is talking about how disgraceful it was to sack Grant/Scolari/Rijkaard. What people are talking about is Guardiola and Ancelotti.

Sadly we only have to look at the 36 trophies taggart has won to show the wait and see approach, works. I said about Barca the other day that it is like managing Brazil, you are a failure if you don't succeed there, no matter who you are. You cannot compare us and Barca.

As much as I despise the twat,Ferguson had won the Scottish title (the first time in years to take it off the old firm) and the UEFA cup with Aberdeen before he joined the rags.

Hughes has achieved nothing in the management game before taking over City other than keep a no-expectations Blackburn up-but then so has Allardyce.
Dress it up all you want,but that's a stone cold fact.

Pigeonho said:
moomba said:

As is any comparison between Hughes and Ferguson, someone that had already experienced success before he went to the rags, and took them to 2nd in his first full season. I'm not saying we should sack Hughes now, but if we keep him on it should be for the job he is doing and his achievements, not the achievements of someone else over 20 years ago in totally different circumstances.

moomba said:
Pigeonho said:

You misunderstand the Ferguson thing I think. I am not saying they are the same, I am saying he., (ferguson), was in a similar position, people calling for his head etc, 'one game to save his career', but look what patience did for him. Ok, he was successful in Scotland, but Hughes hasn't had the chancee to be succesful yet, however I see what he did at Blackburn as the perfect way to make his mark as a manager, even if no trophies were won. If we have got to the stage where managers should only be appointed based on their track record of winning trophies at other clubs, how on earth will new managers get the chance to come to the front?!!! People have to be given a chance to make their track record, surely?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.