More than half of Brits want burka ban

I've seem many young Muslim women especially in London suburbs wearing trendy European clothes. I think they prefer to dress this way by their own choice, if they are allowed to that is. Some drink in bars and are(almost) fully integrated into British society, mixing with other people who are not Muslim. The way it should be . Many young Muslim guys drink smoke and gamble, many don't fast for Ramadan like their elders think they do, forced into going to the local Mosque under duress. I know this as I have spoken to quite a few who say they just want to be allowed to integrate and get on with life, without being told what to do, when to prey, what clothes to wear, and when to fast.

However, I've seen Muslims driving whilst wearing a Niqab with only a thin slit(less than 2 cm) for them to see out of. This cannot be right IMO as their vision is greatly impaired by it. I don't think Burqas and Niqab(eye slit veils) should be worn in public places based on being a security threat in that some fanatical suicide bomber can potentially blow up many innocent people.

I wonder how many Muslim women in this country are forced to wear Burkas and Niqabs against their will, the majority I think.

I've seem many young Muslim women especially in London suburbs wearing trendy European clothes. I think they prefer to dress this way by their own choice, if they are allowed to that is. Some drink in bars and are(almost) fully integrated into British society, mixing with other people who are not Muslim. The way it should be . Many young Muslim guys drink smoke and gamble, many don't fast for Ramadan like their elders think they do, forced into going to the local Mosque under duress. I know this as I have spoken to quite a few who say they just want to be allowed to integrate and get on with life, without being told what to do, when to prey, what clothes to wear, and when to fast.

However, I've seen Muslims driving whilst wearing a Niqab with only a thin slit(less than 2 cm) for them to see out of. This cannot be right IMO as their vision is greatly impaired by it. I don't think Burqas and Niqab(eye slit veils) should be worn in public places based on being a security threat in that some fanatical suicide bomber can potentially blow up many innocent people.

I wonder how many Muslim women in this country are forced to wear Burkas and Niqabs against their will, the majority I think.
I think a fanatical suicide bomber could blow innocent people up whatever they are wearing.

As to whether they wear it against their will or not, most probably wear them freely as they are heavily indoctrinated by social and religious conditioning from a very early age.

Then click the fucking link you lazy twat.
Didn't realise the second link had the breakdown. Was pretty much as I expected. Including around 25% of people telling the pollsters to fuck off by the looks of it.

I think a fanatical suicide bomber could blow innocent people up whatever they are wearing.

They could yes.

As to whether they wear it against their will or not, most probably wear them freely as they are heavily indoctrinated by social and religious conditioning from a very early age.
Not so sure about most wear them freely mate, many will though, and I agree (from what you stated) A lot of the Muslims born here want to have freedom of choice it think, which many are denied.

Of course they are pressured into wearing it, everyone gets their kids christened in this country without any knowledge or reason why. I was christened and everyone I know was but I don't believe in god nor a concept of a god yet I am pretty certain my kids will be christened. When I was at school I had to go to church, I wasn't asked, I HAD to go and that continues today in every Catholic/C of E school in the country.

That pressure exists because of the surroundings and environment you get brought up in, it doesn't mean though that those who happen to wear the burqa don't want to and are all quivering wrecks being beaten by their overlord husbands under there or worse... Terrorists. If they wore a dress of roses instead of a black sheet then I'm sure perceptions would change but that isn't so. It is alien to our culture but to them it isn't so we should just let them get on with it and really start worrying about something else.

I certainly wouldn't worry because I bet they enjoy better freedoms and rights here then back in a strict middle east country. At least here bar the family pressures they will have the choice of whether to be Muslim at all. That is the beauty of this country, you have the choice to be, wear or do whatever you fancy and entertaining a ban only sees to erode and remove those freedoms.

Again, It is their religion so we should let them get on with it. Not letting them do so is discriminating for absolutely no reason and if they do happen to be doing something illegal under there it puts them in the same bracket as anyone else, with crime what frock they happen to be wearing is pretty irrelevant. The statistics are fully in favour of the fact that the vast majority of Muslim women wear the burqa and do not cause trouble nor get upto anymore bother then a rough, skinhead English lad does.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.