More than half of Brits want burka ban

Is this really a surprise? More than half of Brits commited financial suicide a few months ago. Panic and fear is seemingly sending people mad.
Wish we'd commit financial suicide more often. My investments are up 12% since the Brexit vote.

Of course they are pressured into wearing it, everyone gets their kids christened in this country without any knowledge or reason why. I was christened and everyone I know was but I don't believe in god nor a concept of a god yet I am pretty certain my kids will be christened. When I was at school I had to go to church, I wasn't asked, I HAD to go and that continues today in every Catholic/C of E school in the country.

That pressure exists because of the surroundings and environment you get brought up in, it doesn't mean though that those who happen to wear the burqa don't want to and are all quivering wrecks being beaten by their overlord husbands under there or worse... Terrorists. If they wore a dress of roses instead of a black sheet then I'm sure perceptions would change but that isn't so. It is alien to our culture but to them it isn't so we should just let them get on with it and really start worrying about something else.

I certainly wouldn't worry because I bet they enjoy better freedoms and rights here then back in a strict middle east country. At least here bar the family pressures they will have the choice of whether to be Muslim at all. That is the beauty of this country, you have the choice to be, wear or do whatever you fancy and entertaining a ban only sees to erode and remove those freedoms.

Again, It is their religion so we should let them get on with it. Not letting them do so is discriminating for absolutely no reason and if they do happen to be doing something illegal under there it puts them in the same bracket as anyone else, with crime what frock they happen to be wearing is pretty irrelevant. The statistics are fully in favour of the fact that the vast majority of Muslim women wear the burqa and do not cause trouble nor get upto anymore bother then a rough, skinhead English lad does.

Moral relativist garbage.

Sorry.

I think a fanatical suicide bomber could blow innocent people up whatever they are wearing.

As to whether they wear it against their will or not, most probably wear them freely as they are heavily indoctrinated by social and religious conditioning from a very early age.
Not so sure about most wear them freely mate, many will though, and I agree (from what you stated) A lot of the Muslims born here want to have freedom of choice it think, which many are denied.
Here's an interesting article. It would suggest that if the rest of Western Europe is anything like Denmark most Burka wearers are young and many are white converts. This would imply that a good number are wearing them because they want to, however the motivation is probably disillusionment with their lives and social situations and they are wearing them to escape normal social interaction.
https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/andrewbrown/2010/mar/10/religion-islam

It was wishful thinking on the poster's part. Doom and gloom is all they have left after being routed at the ballot box.
Personally I voted remain, mainly because I thought the economy would suffer if we voted out. Happy to say it looks like I might have been wrong, although it's early days.

And so is genital mutilation. But do you see any prosecutions or even hear a peep out of the bleeding heart brigade?

I wonder why not.
It's an interesting question. If you indoctrinate a girl to believe that they should cover up their bodies, does that mean that women are wearing them of their own free will? Or is it a visible sign of the unequal treatment of women?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.