More than half of Brits want burka ban

fair enough but just one point.

When those favouring a blanket burka ban for security concerns also start to propose a blanket ban on fancy dress/long coats/any item of clothing with a pocket/headscarves/turbans/skull caps/crash helmets except when actually riding a motorcycle/any and all forms of baggy clothing/scarves/gloves (them pesky terrorists can use gloves to hide fingerprints) I will listen to them (and still disagree).

Until then, selective banning of clothing is racism. Pure and simple.
dont think you know what racism means

Eh? How is it Racism fella when anyone could wear a Burqa, could be a white chick wearing one for all I know lol...

Its paranoia to the extreme, no doubt and I do fear the chav white footy hooligan types who are coked up off their faces... More so than anyone wearing a Burqa.

It's just added vulnerabilities and for me Islamic women would look far more dignified and I would respect their cultures far more if their women wore the Chadors more... which simply show their faces rather than the Ninja Suits.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

I agree with you on the aesthetics of the Burqa. They are bloody awful. But it is not for me you or anybody else to decide which clothing to ban.

I personally think Jewish men would look better with no headgear and nice trimmed sideburns but it isn't for me to impose my views of what looks nice on them.

Likewise I think priests would look more dignified in a pair of smart trousers and a freshly ironed cotton shirt instead of a bloody frock but they disagree and it isn't my job to tell them they're wrong.

As for why it is racist. Close your eyes and think of a female Muslim. What colour is she? I repeat my point from earlier. If the burqa was a Christian or Jewish item of clothing this discussion would not be taking place.

BREXIT.jpg

I agree with you on the aesthetics of the Burqa. They are bloody awful. But it is not for me you or anybody else to decide which clothing to ban.

I personally think Jewish men would look better with no headgear and nice trimmed sideburns but it isn't for me to impose my views of what looks nice on them.

Likewise I think priests would look more dignified in a pair of smart trousers and a freshly ironed cotton shirt instead of a bloody frock but they disagree and it isn't my job to tell them they're wrong.

As for why it is racist. Close your eyes and think of a female Muslim. What colour is she? I repeat my point from earlier. If the burqa was a Christian or Jewish item of clothing this discussion would not be taking place.
What colour do you think a Muslim is? It may come as a surprise to you but Islam is a religion not a race. There are adherents of Islam from many different races and ethnicities.

What colour do you think a Muslim is? It may come as a surprise to you but Islam is a religion not a race. There are adherents of Islam from many different races and ethnicities.

Another point the apologists don't seem to get.

I watched the news coming in of Hafiz Saeed Khan's demise at the hands of The US drone strikes and the footage they used was of him preaching whilst stood next to a white ginger man, clearly of western ethnicity.

It probably would as we do not allow people to wear motorcycle helmets to walk into Post Offices and the like

Another point the apologists don't seem to get.

I watched the news coming in of Hafiz Saeed Khan's demise at the hands of The US drone strikes and the footage they used was of him preaching whilst stood next to a white ginger man, clearly of western ethnicity.
Mate we all know gingers are evil soul stealing demons, you're not really making your point here I feel.

I'm being rather presumptuous here but I can gather from your post that you either don't work in Security and or when you are out in public places such as the Etihad Stadium (which I've also worked at) you have no regard for your own personal safety and the safety of others.

If a guy hopped off his kwaki in front of the club wearing his helmet and proceeded to enter I'd ask him to remove his helmet.
Why? To identify the individual.
For all I know he could be either underage and or previously barred, or drunk.

This issue needs to be taken away from the religious/racial debate and assessed as a security risk.

I could buy myself a Burqa right now off ebay, and run into the Santander branch which my partner works at and Rob that place....

She wouldn't have a clue that was her fella holding the meat cleaver at her throat.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

I have to wonder about the thought processes at play where a discussion about burkas ends up with you holding a meat cleaver at a woman's throat. I think it's you we should be worried about, not women in burkas.

I very much share Ste's opinion on this issue,all that should matter is the security side of things - anything that conceals a persons identity and allows them to go undetected is a fucking big no no in my book.

It has fuck all to do with colour or religion - its purely a case of keeping society as safe as possible.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.