Mortgage deal ending

Ten-year fix last June at 2.09 to stay with Nationwide.

Was offered five-yr fix at a few points lower, but didn't want to risk it and thought inflation was ready for lift-off after Covid handouts.

Sod the early redemption charges. If I could ever afford to pay off my mortgage in one-hit, I'm certainly not going to be bothered about paying the exit penalty.

BOE announces likely long lasting recession after announcing the biggest interest rate rise in over 30 years, which will significantly contribute to a long lasting recession.…
Chancellor will soon announce a long lasting recession and pretend that the government could go bankrupt without everyone taking their medicine, by raising taxes AND cutting public expenditure, measures that will significantly contribute to a long lasting recession….

You couldn’t make it up.

BOE announces likely long lasting recession after announcing the biggest interest rate rise in over 30 years, which will significantly contribute to a long lasting recession.…
Chancellor will soon announce a long lasting recession and pretend that the government could go bankrupt without everyone taking their medicine, by raising taxes AND cutting public expenditure, measures that will significantly contribute to a long lasting recession….

You couldn’t make it up.

When did the last recession end?

Just asking, seem to have been in one since 2009!

Fuck off HS2 - save at least £71bn.

Tax the oil and energy companies higher.

Tax the banks a bit more.

Help the people in the middle 40-per-cent bracket but increase the top rate to 46 per cent.

Charge time-wasters, thugs and drunks for using the NHS.

Other than that, I don't see where any government can make the huge savings required.

Help the people in the middle 40-per-cent bracket but increase the top rate to 46 per cent.

Other than that, I don't see where any government can make the huge savings required.
Like you say HS2 is the biggest waste of money ever, use that money to improve services, cut rail prices and thus help the environment.

HS2 should've been scrapped in the last recession. Too many lucrative contracts for the mates of both main political parties for this to happen though. If we have decent broadband everywhere then we shouldn't need any more capacity to get to London quickly.

If we annex Merseyside and let them govern themselves we could save a fortune on benefits. Could also do with charging the obese for using the NHS.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.