Most annoying thing about last...

Didsbury Dave said:
tommcfc said:
RyantheBlue said:
I don't understand.. they scored from a 30 yard shot.

im talking about our players, in open play. johnson, kolarov and yaya are repeat offenders for this, just twatting the ball as hard as they can essentially giving the ball away.
Balotelli and yaya are the worst offenders for this, particularly when we are chasing the game.

Have we scored a long range goal from open play all season?
nigel de jongs wonder goal against liverpool is the only one i can remember. yaya seems to think he can score these long range efforts but i cant remember him ever scoring from outside the 18 yard box

tolmie's hairdoo said:
Didsbury Dave said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
The most annoying thing for me is threads like these and those fans who continually feel so smug about their own 'City credentials'.

So myopic, they can't comprehend any type of criticism for the team, the club or the manager.

The team was absolutely shit the other night and the attitude, a disgrace to the shirt for more than an hour.

Any fan paying their money had every right to voice their displeasure.
I make them kids. I reckon these computer games they all play contain some kind of football utopia , where every fan in the stadium cheers every player off the park despite a 4-0 defeat. Where noone heckles or boos or moans, everyone stands on their seat bedecked in memorabilia, eating official hotdogs and waving their arms around.

Ha Ha - yeah, and remember, it's not the winning, it's the taking part that counts!!

Everyone deserves a medal, even if you finish last.

Oh, and there are no starving kids in the world, we can just drop in thousands of tins of Fray Bentos and Plumrose hot dogs to go with their personalised Man City pen-drive.

City ra, ra, ra!

The argument that "it's the silly kids, bless 'em" is a strange one and one that is usually peddled out by those fans who would appear to be of the older generation.

In my opinion it's simply a case of different fans having different mindsets, and differing views on what is the "right" and "wrong" way to support your team. Regardless of age. There is no right or wrong, and the beauty of a forum is that everyone can have their say. But disregarding and laughing down upon other's opinions is, some might say, typical of someone who is indeed one of those "fans who continually feel so smug about their own 'City credentials'".

On Thursday night, my mate wanted to go at half-time and get an early train home. He's 29 if that matters. I was going nowhere so stayed, he ended up staying and enjoying the second half even though the 3 goals were not enough. Two people of the same age, with different views on the situation at 2-0 down.

At the start of the second half, two guys sat near me got into a debate about the merits of swapping Johnson for De Jong. One was berating Mancini and therefore disagreed, the other was the opposite and felt Johnson deserved the hook, and told the other to get behind the lads instead of moaning. I didn't know either guy, at face value I would say both were in their 40's, however again it's people of a similar age with polarised views.

From where I sit in 212, looking down on the singing section it did appear to be the younger element of the fans who were persisting with the "we never win at home and we never win away" song that ultimately got the whole ground going and seemed to galvanise the team.

Going back to my original point, age isn't the issue, fans will always have differing opinions on what is "right" and "wrong". Some don't agree with leaving early, others do. Some feel booing and voicing displeasure at a poor showing is a right having paid the money to get in, others feel it is better to keep cheering the team on in an effort to turn things around.

The sooner people can get back to debating their various opinions in a reasoned way, the better for this forum. Too often it becomes a competition in who can belittle those with differing opinions the most before each thread becomes a slanging match.

no booing round us but plenty of old fashioned gallows humour resurfaced

the newbies didn't join in our half time discussion about how shit we had been in the first half or how Macken might turn it round yet

Bellers_a_hero said:
The part time fans who were cursing the team, booing at half time and leaving after 70 minutes!

I just sat there, annoyed but letting the team see out the rest of the match, it couldn't have got any worse at half time really only better. But for those who don't come enough they didn't think like that and were talking as if they were the tactical geniuses!

People left at HALF TIME.. from Spiral J...

chedinho said:
most annoying thing is mancini wont start a game with balo,dzeko and aguero.
i would love to see that happen.

Should be reserved for the QPR match, having already secured the title, and he tells the midfield that they will have to run off their collective bollox so that we finish the season with a hat-trick for each of them plus a spare!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.