Most deluded supporters

Every fan base is deluded in their own way but the dippers take things to a whole level. Seen a clip of one suggesting 27 year old Rodri is past it the other day.

Thank fuck for Rodri connecting with his zimmer frame to slide that in the corner at the Ataturk stadium.

I agree with the o.p.
At least Liverpool,utd,Arsenal,Chelsea have had dominant sides in the past 40 years or so.

Villa have won next to fuck all since Adam was a lad,and their European cup final success was the epitome of a smash and grab performance,(I'm old enough to remember the match)

There is absolutely nothing wrong with celebrating your clubs history and successes.
Lots of Villa fans think City winning stuff somehow lessens their clubs achievements,(it doesnt)and so that's why they come over as a bunch of bitter mard arses.

As for the "bigger"club playground bollocks.
Nowadays there's no fucking contest.

Rags, dippers and Tarquins joint 1st, they all have their moments when they are clearly ahead of each other but overall they are on an equal par with each other - wan*ers the lot of them.

I rather like Tarquins as a collective noun to describe us. However, you might want to start calling us ‘The Giddies’?

100% agreed. I've met millions of rival fans and mostly they are fair minded, share a gallows humour like us, but not the dippers. No chance. The ones I've met truly believe they are the greatest football club that ever existed. They think everybody is jealous of them and we all secretly support them but won't admit it publicly.

Not just deluded, unhinged.

Close enough. They're not like any other set of supporters. They are as much part of a cult as Moonists or the Children of God, and talking to them to look for some common ground and an exchange — an exchange — of views is, in my experience, pretty much a waste of time.

Every fan base is deluded in their own way but the dippers take things to a whole level. Seen a clip of one suggesting 27 year old Rodri is past it the other day.
When they were apparently sharing pl titles with us you would see posts on rawk every season that we were totally overrated and it was just a matter of weeks before a complete City collapse and they stormed on to their rightful place at the top. They had seen the future in the holy chicken bones, but it seems the bones lies and many said football was dead and they no longer felt like watching. No claims about not renewing season cards, so I suppose they cancelled sky subscriptions until they were offered those ten quid a month renewals and they are all there posting again predicting our demise.

Many mentioned are genuine contenders but red dippers are in a different league. They finish 2nd but are still the 'best'.......in fact they finish 6th and are still the 'best' but what has truly set them apart is them bemoaning City and particularly Pep. Thing is, Pep has only been at City since 2016 so what happened for over a QUARTER OF A CENTURY before that? Someone else's fault no doubt.......

I agree with the o.p.
At least Liverpool,utd,Arsenal,Chelsea have had dominant sides in the past 40 years or so.

Villa have won next to fuck all since Adam was a lad,and their European cup final success was the epitome of a smash and grab performance,(I'm old enough to remember the match)

There is absolutely nothing wrong with celebrating your clubs history and successes.
Lots of Villa fans think City winning stuff somehow lessens their clubs achievements,(it doesnt)and so that's why they come over as a bunch of bitter mard arses.

As for the "bigger"club playground bollocks.
Nowadays there's no fucking contest.

Villa fans hate us because we signed their 2 best players in the last 30 years Gareth Barry and Super Jack

Disagree with Newcastle, they’re just bonkers and live for their team. I don’t begrudge them going through a good spell at the moment.
Most deluded are Villa followed by rags and Gooner fans although you could say they’re just very high strung, intense and over excited than deluded.They’re definitely a strange group of fans that’s for sure.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.