Most gut-wrenching goal we ever conceded?

Antic
Scholes 2 years ago. Fcking horrible that one was.
Hutchinson Own Goal 81
Pollock Own Goal V QPR
Bury scoring and beating us 1-0 at Maine Road. It doesnt get lower than that
Lee Sharpe winner in FA Cup 2-1 defeat with that dodgy penalty before it.
Owen
Rooney Carling Cup
Rooney overhead kick
Hasselbank in 1-1 draw v Boro in Fowler missed pen game
Notts County winner in FA Cup match where we battered em.
Oldham winner in FA Cup
Beckham at Maine Road 1-0 defeat.

Antic for Luton
Bob Taylor for Gillingham
Adebola last minute for Birmingham

I'd like to say Pollocks own goal v QPR but there was just that air of inevitability during those last few games (think Adebola's was the final straw in me having any hope of us surviving) so I just stood there shaking my head laughing.

the swamp late winners were bad but the scholes one on a personal level, i was literally right behind that goal in 116, couldn't have seen it any better, probably even better than the ginger pig himself.

as it went in i literally sank to my knees and buried my head in my hands, stuck in traffic going home and some rags came out of a pub, spotted my blue shirt and started chanting "utd, utd!" whilst laughing and pointing.

that was the moment where my appetite for what the sheiks doing and where we are going went off the scale., i just wanted to get the cunts back.

watching the 5th and 6th go in 23rd of oct, i felt a weight being lifted. i could picture the rags outside that pub, being sat in there again pissed off, i could picture every rag i went to school with from 97 onwards and smiled to myself about the pain and embarrassment they were facing for the first time.

happy days a head :)

Gary Speed penalty in injury time against Bolton a few years back. We absolutely dominated the game and hit the bar and post about six times! Dunney handballs it in the last minute and speed put away the pen.

Total sickener and the absolute definition of 'typical city'.

there are so many its hard to pinpoint one goal, recently that Swansea goal felt like a knife through the heart as did Bellamy's in the SF back in Jan. Overall I'd have to say Villa's goal in '81......no Antic's... no forget that I mean Owen's goal a couple of seasons ago...no no no it has to be Dean Ashton's goal for West Ham in the FA cup QF during clueless Stu's reign, bloody-hell this is depressing.........................its actually Jamie Pollock's og vrs QPR, it was at this point I finally admitted to myself I was gunna have to go to York, I was there you know!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.