Most Gutted you've Been About a player leaving

Paul Stewart for me.
The guy was a beast, but was quick, gave 100% and most importantly, he scored goals for fun. And he was a Manc. And who can forget his part in the 10-1 demolition?
Not a bad bit of business though.
Bought for £200k in 1987 from Blackpool
Sold for £1.7m in 1988 to Spurs.
In the late '80s that was some profit.

Just had a look on Wikipedia and he is 50 next year. Wonder if he still has that tight wet perm?

Trevor Francis - it took us nearly 30 years to return as a major footballing power. Letting Mario go will also turn out to be a mistake.

Least - Jerome Boateng. Glad we didn't get his kid in the Mario deal

BlueKolarovWorker said:
Trevor Francis. Top class player and finisher, who we couldn't hold onto for long enough and for me, one of the reasons we statred on our downward spiral.

I'm not reading 18 pages but this was the only player I was truly gutted to see leave. Most are replaceable. He wasn't.

van buyten.a beast of a centre back,was gutted we couldnt stump up the 2 million needed to make his loan permenant.class act<br /><br />-- Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:07 pm --<br /><br />
Robbo. said:
Kinkladze to Ajax for 2mill
it was 5 million

elano or SWP....I'd say just SWP. Seeing him in the chav uniform made me feel physically sick, was so happy when he re-signed I emailed SSN and was read out by Jim White!

"The prodical son has returned"

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.