Most Humiliating Defeats

I remember my dad winning tickets for us on the radio and they was against Wimbledon. Me and my mum turned up met Ian Wright and a few others and had our picture taken on the pitch with Alex Williams before kick off, we got tunnel side seats it was a great morning/afternoon and then we got enialated 0-4 off Wimbledon, Niel Shipperley looked like Ronaldo that day haha
My sons first match....aaaarrrggghhh

This 5-1 home league defeat to West Ham back in 1970 was an absolute shocker too .... it was Jimmy Greaves debut game for them, and i was stood in the kippax absolutely shellshocked .... two things to watch out for here , Joe Corrigans face after his misplaced kick had led to their memorable third goal ... and the absolute state of the Maine Road pitch!

i just can't believe it's been fifty years since that game took place , it feels like it was yesterday to me..

I still remember some of the City lads were saying "Joe Corrigan was like Dracula................he hates bloody crosses !" Ironic being as Joe Corrigan was about 6ft 4ins tall.

Last edited:
I’d go for being four nil down at half-time to Charlton when they were playing at Selhurst Park in the 80s sometime. We were absolutely abject and standing in the rain on an under covered Whitehorse lane end.

I managed to meet kit Symons awhile ago at a dinner party. My friend didn’t know that he used to play for city and just told me Mr and Mrs Symons we are coming as well! Did a proper double take when he walked in. We had a good chat about how pants we were back in those days!

Talk about shell-shocked........City at Edgeley Park, Stockport Nov 1997.

I switched on to find the half-time score: Stockport 3 City 0. Wha????

Cracking eam we had out - Margetson, Edghill, Vaughan, Symons, McGoldrick, Brannan.....at least County eased off and we pulled it back to 3-1. Losing like that to that lot. Incredible.

Not sure if humiliating is quite accurate, certainly a tad ..

but being 2-0 up at half time against the raggy bastards only to blow it 2-3 hurt like fuck.

a once in a life time chance to WIN THE LEAGUE AGAINST THE SCUM blown. Couldnt watch it on the amazon docu and never seen highlights to this day.
Typical City ...

some of the defeats on here are just embarrassing, what i call humiliating is Lincoln beating us home and away in the league cup, Stockport, Bury, Halifax, Mansfield, thats what i call humiliating

Anybody said Stockport 3-1 yet.

3-0 down after 20 mins stood in the pissing rain on a gloomy November afternoon. At Stockport fucking County. Can’t remember when we scored our goal but we were never in with a sniff of salvaging anything.

Didn’t get any worse than that.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.