Most improved player of the season....

I can't agree with many of these, as I thought they were all great before this season, and they still are equally as great. Lescott, Barry, Zabba etc.

Possibly Nasri for me, since at the start of the season he was clearly playing second fiddle to Silva, as Silva was so excellent and his best option was simply to aid him. But when Silva started going off the boil, he provided more of an impetus and started scoring more and providing more assists which were much needed at a time when we were struggling a little.

Just to make sure, what is the exact requirement for "most improved player of the season"? Do we mean the player who has improved the most during this season or the player who has improved the most compared to last season? I assumed the former as I have seen one mention for Gael Clichy.

P.S. Clichy would get my vote for most consistent outfield player of the season.

For me Zabaleta. I love that man. He should be idolised more because he is a prime example for everyone. Always gives 100% and he improved his game a lot. Both attackingly and defensively.

To be fair everybody in our squad has improved! Most notably Lescott, Milner and Richards!

agree with Lescott, but tbf i think that Kolarov started the season poorly but has done really well in the past few matches he has started

Lescott for me. I saw Kompany's defensive partner, whoever that may be, as being our achilles heal this season. With Kolo suspended to start off with, and Savic a 20 year old unknown, I was very worried with the reliance we'd need to place upon Lescott. As it turns out I needn't be as he's really stepped it up this season, all credit to him. I still think we need another top quality centre half, but only because Savic isn't ready and Kolo isn't good enough. We need 3 first choice centre halves to cover for injury/suspension. The games we played Savic and Kolo together recently still have me waking up in a cold sweat!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.